Sentella 2023 - Infinity
Wed Oct 4, 08:00 - Sun Oct 8, 17:00
Eagle Waters Wildlife Resort
Sentella returns for our 8th year!
~ INFINITY ~
4-8 October 2023
We are a camping, arts, and cultural event inspired by Burning Man just outside of Gauteng.
During Sentella, like-minded souls come together to radically express themselves, share their art and offerings, and take part in creating an experience together.
Bring your gift! Your music, your art, your space, your time! Come be free
Please visit our Facebook page for updates!
I, the ticket holder, do hereby acknowledge my awareness and understanding of the possible risks, dangers, and hazards associated with my attendance at Sentella event, “Sentella 2023”, and all associated activities including, but not limited to:
- The risk of serious personal/bodily injury and/or harm, including dental damage;
- The risk of serious psychological injury and/or harm, including any permanent psychological impairments/disability;
- The risk of death and/or permanent dismemberment, disfigurement, scarring, or disability, including but not limited to blindness and/or hearing impairment;
- The risk of severe social and/or economic losses;
- The risk of physical altercation, harassment, assault, sexual harassment, and/or sexual assault by other event attendees;
- The risks associated with travel to and from location(s) to be visited at any point throughout the duration of the event, including transportation provided by commercial, private, and/or public motor vehicles;
- The risks associated with intoxication and/or poisoning from alcohol and/or other substances that I knowingly or unknowingly consume;
- The risks normally associated with traveling from and returning to my usual place of residence, including, but not limited to, transportation provided by commercial, private, and/or public motor vehicles.
In consideration of being permitted to participate in “Sentella 2023”, and related activities, I agree:
- TO HOLD HARMLESS AND HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE Sentella “Sentella 2023”, and any/all of its officers, members, agents, representatives, participants, landowners, and all their respective heirs and assigns (“Releasees”):
- From any and all liability, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses (including legal fees and disbursements), and actions whatsoever for any damage to the personal property of any third party resulting from my participation in “Sentella 2023”, and all related activities;
- From any and all liability, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses (including legal fees and disbursements), and actions whatsoever for any personal injury to any third party resulting from my participation in “Sentella 2023”, and all related activities; and
- From any and all liability, claims, demands, damages, actions, costs, and expenses (including legal fees and disbursements) which might arise out of my participating in “Sentella 2023”, whether arising from the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise;
- TO ASSUME AND ACCEPT ALL RISKS arising out of, associated with, or related to my participation in “Sentella 2023”, whether they arise as a result of my own actions, inaction, or negligence, or the actions, inaction, or negligence of others, including the actions, inaction, or negligence of the Releasees;
- TO BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PHYSICAL OR PSYCHOLOGICAL INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE which I might sustain while participating in “Sentella 2023”, and related activities, howsoever they might occur.
I acknowledge that I have read this agreement in its entirety, that I have executed this agreement freely and voluntarily and without inducement, and that this agreement is to be binding upon heirs, my executors, administrators, successors, next of kin, personal representatives, and myself.
SENTELLA CODE OF CONDUCT
The Sentella Foundation team expects attendees and volunteers to create and maintain a space that is welcoming for all. We do not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, age, or religion.
This Code of Conduct outlines our expectations of participant behaviour at Sentella Foundation- associated events. This includes any online forums moderated by Sentella and between any Sentella volunteers and attendees participating in pre- and post-event planning.
Participation in Sentella Foundation events and its online forums are open to all; however, continued attendance and opportunities for participation can be limited or revoked if you fail to respect other attendees or behave in a way that endangers yourself, the event, or the broader community.
Please be conscious of your well-being and aware of your own needs. Practice self-care and harm reduction. Remember that we value self-reliance in our community. In general, Sentella encourages community members to resolve disputes at the lowest level. There might, however, be some situations you can’t work out on your own. If you find yourself in such a situation, please reach out to the following for support: Sanctuary, First Aid, event committee, board of directors (as applicable).
Expected behaviour includes, but is not limited to:
- Ensuring consent: Consent is supported by our whole community. You are obligated to get someone’s consent before any form of physical contact, in situations involving videography or photography at Sentella Foundation events. Ask first and respect the response.
- Being considerate and respectful of fellow participants and the community around the event.
- Refraining from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behaviour.
- Being mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants’ safety.
Unacceptable behaviour includes, but is not limited to:
- Predatory behaviour, defined as any unwanted and non-consensual form of any of the following: intimidation, harassment, coercive behaviour, stalking, verbal or physical abuse, violence against others or their property.
- Non-consensual physical contact, including unwelcome sexual interaction.
- Destruction or neglect of Sentella Foundation property, physical or otherwise, such as vandalism, theft, defrauding the ticketing process, impersonating a lead or organizer.
- Disrespecting the host community, residents, and businesses surrounding the event. Examples of non-tolerated behaviours include dumping trash in local dumpsters, trespassing, or repeated violations of the event’s sound ordinance.
- Wanton, flagrant, or repeated disregard for one’s own safety or well-being in a manner that demands the intervention of other participants, community members, volunteers, or outside agencies, such as intervention by local emergency services.
- Repeated or egregious violations of any and all policies put in effect by event organizers.
Consequences of unacceptable behaviour:
Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated; this includes behaviour before, at, or after the event, whether by phone, email, social media, or in face-to-face communication.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to do so immediately: the Sentella Foundation board may take any action they deem appropriate to ensure the safety of the event and its participants. This action may include expulsion from the event without refund and/or removal from volunteer or leadership roles.
What to do if you witness/are subject to unacceptable behaviour:
If or someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behaviour or if you have any other concerns:
- First, speak up. Ask the person to stop. Say no.
- If you feel unsafe, leave the situation.
- If you feel uncomfortable but the behaviour does not cross any particular line, step away from the situation and reach out of to the following others for support: Sanctuary, First Aid, event committee, board of directors (as applicable).
- If you need help, ask for it. If someone asks you for help, do your best to help or find someone who can.
- At any Sentella Foundation event, report your concerns to an on-call Sentella Foundation Board Member: these individuals are prepared to assist participants and listen to your concerns. They can be found roaming the event and/or stationed at Safety HQ or Gate. If you see any event Staff with a radio they can also contact a Board Member for you.
- If you witness or are the victim of a crime during the event and wish to have direct law enforcement response, please call law enforcement as needed and then advise safety HQ as soon as possible, so we can best direct them from the entrance gate. Alternatively, please let someone with a radio know and we can contact law enforcement on your behalf.
- At any time, you can submit a report directly to the Sentella Foundation Conduct and Consent Committee using [email protected] or [email protected]
Sentella Foundation does not have the power to exclude a person from the Burner community at large, public spaces where the community gathers, or private, non-sponsored community events (parties, private fundraisers, etc.)
Sentella Foundation does not intend for this process to be an alternative forum for justice and cannot guarantee a repair of damage or reversal of trauma.
We thank you in advance for your adherence to this Code of Conduct. Together, we can craft an event and community that is safe and welcoming for all participants with a commitment to improvement.
Boundaries and Consent
Consent is mandatory. Consent requires a request, and waiting for a response. Attain consent before touching another person, taking photos of anyone, and seek ongoing continuous enthusiastic consent while engaging in sexual or intimate activities. Radical self-expression can take many forms – including nudity – and is not an invitation to invade another’s personal space or make verbal or physical advances. People may be unable to give consent due to being intoxicated, in an altered state, or even asleep. A person who is intoxicated may appear to give consent without actually being able to do so. If this is suspected, then step away from the interaction. Past interactions do not imply future consent.
Consent may be withdrawn at any time, for whatever reason.
Respect people’s bodies, boundaries and personal space. We all want to have a fun, safe, and enjoyable experience.
Accept “no” gracefully; coercion is a crime. Remember, only “YES” means yes!