Cape Town Arise Adoption Conference 2023
Sat Aug 12, 09:00 - Sat Aug 12, 15:00
Tokai Community Church
The Cape Town Arise Adoption Conference is back for 2023! This one day conference is designed for all current and prospective adoptive parents wanting to learn more about the core issues of adoption. It's also great for extended families and friends of adoptive families.
This year we have new content and resources, break out sessions and interactive talks as well as live testimonies from adoptive parents and adult adoptees - so even if you've attended one of our conferences before, we'd love to host you again!
We'll cover these topics:
- Understanding trauma in adoption looking at Attachment, Grief & Loss and identity including racial identity in Transracial Adoption
- Connection & parenting- how to centre the adoptee
- Break away sessions:
- Infertility and Adoption
- Blended Families
- Siblings and Adoption navigating lifestory work in the family
- When the big questions come (openheartedness) in adoption
- Q & A panel with professionals, adoptees, adoptive parents & siblings
One family had this to say: "This conference was the best possible preparation for adoption I could imagine. I highly recommend this day to anyone considering adoption!"
Another participant: "I have walked away with so much knowledge that is invaluable. The presenters speak with so much grace and the testimonies were the best part! I am so glad I attended the conference."
A note about tickets:
-Earlybird tickets are available at R350 pp until 11 July, thereafter the full ticket price of R450 pp applies - lunch is included.
-Childcare is available at R80 per child - lunch is not included.