IN THE CITY presents Jacob Banks & Friends
Sat Mar 4, 16:00 - Sun Mar 5, 00:00
Cabo Beach Club
This year’s first In The City sets off in the mother city herself, Cape Town!
We venture into the diversity that exists in South Africa’s soundscape, with our first event of 2023 tailored perfectly to the tastes of all the lovers of R&B.
To kick off the year with heat, we're proud to present Jacob Banks as our international headliner, accompanied by some of the top South African talent, and a curated DJ experience in partnership with the groovy Strictly Soul - who are here to help us bring together SA’s best to tie the full experience together perfectly.
Acts who you can expect to see on the lineup alongside Jacob Banks include:
We'll see you there!
T'S & C'S
- Right of admission reserved
- No Under 18’s
- No ID/Passport/Driver’s License, no entry
- No alcohol or liquids of any kind to be brought into the event.
- No glass
- No animals
- No weapons
- No illegal substances
- No drones
- No Shishas/Hubbly Bubblies
- No fires / skottels / gas / braais
- No plastic cups or plastic straws
- No food
- No cooler boxes
- No cash will be accepted on site – we are a cashless event. You can bring your debit / credit / cheque card to transact – all bank cards are welcome
- No attitude, be lekker. Strictly no acts of discrimination, violence or hate speech against any groups, staff members, service providers or fellow event goers will be tolerated
- No sleeping in cars, camper vans or in the parking area will be permitted.
- Please remember to respect the environment and leave no trace. No litterbugs.
- No professional photography equipment unless you are accredited media. Any camera with an interchangeable lens system is considered professional equipment.
- If your wristband gets damaged during the event, it will only be replaced when you bring the damaged band, your ticket and your ID to the main event gates. If you fail to bring the damaged wristband you will not be issued a new one. No wristband will result in your removal from the event.
- If you exit the event for whatever reason, you will be subject to a full security and ticket check on re-entry
- No entry will be permitted after gate closing times
By purchasing a In the City ticket(s) you agree to the following and understand that:
- By purchasing a ticket, Ticket Holders agree to follow the below mentioned event rules and agree that the event organiser may change the rules at their own discretion.
- If the Ticket Holder decides to gift their ticket(s) to someone that they know they need to ensure that the ticket(s) are transferred to the new Ticket Holder’s name and ID number, which can be done via a direct transfer from the Ticket Holder’s Quicket.co.za account. If the person that the ticket is being transferred to do not have a Quicket account, one will be automatically created for them when the transfer takes place. The organisers accept no responsibility for loss / fraudulent transactions between third parties.
- Tickets may be re-sold via the safe Quicket re-sale platform should the ticket holder no longer wish to or be able to attend the event.
- Event tickets are non-refundable. Should you no longer be able / willing to attend the show for any reason whatsoever you (hereafter referred to as the ‘Ticket Holder’) will not be eligible for a refund on your show ticket(s).
Booking Process For Ticket Holders
- The owner of a ticket purchased on Quicket is the Quicket account holder. The owner of the credit card or bank account used in the purchase cannot claim ownership of a ticket.
- The information submitted with a booking request will be processed “as is”. Ticket Holders must contact Quicket immediately if the information provided in the booking request is incorrect.
- The supply of tickets offered depends upon the availability of tickets for the event. We may limit bookings to a specified number of persons.
- To book event tickets through Quicket, the automated booking process must be completed and payment information submitted in the prescribed manner. The Quicket booking process will provide Ticket Holders with an opportunity to review the entire transaction, to correct any mistakes and to withdraw from the transaction before finally submitting a booking request.
The Ticket Holder will be required to provide payment details (i.e. credit card details) when submitting a booking request. Payment may be made via Card, SnapScan, Zapper or Instant EFT.
By submitting a booking request, permission is granted to debit the designated account with the relevant ticket purchase price. Please note that Quicket will not be obliged to issue any tickets to the Ticket Holder prior to receiving full payment of the full ticket purchase price. Should Quicket not receive payment, for any reason whatsoever, the Ticket Holder’s booking may be cancelled and the ticket(s) may be resold without further notice. The Ticket Holder hereby warrants that it is duly authorised to make payments from the account as provided to Quicket, and accordingly authorises Quicket to pay all amounts to be refunded into the same account.
Quicket requires a payment confirmation from the bank before a booking can be fulfilled.
Credit card security
Credit card transactions for events in South Africa will be processed for Quicket via the payment service provider. The payment service provider uses strict encryption, 256-bit AES, and no credit card details are stored on Quicket’s servers.
Quicket does not store any credit card details on its servers and all personal details are stored separately from card details. All card details which are provided by users are stored on the payment service provider's secure site as per secure credit card acquiring and security specifications. Quicket cannot be held liable in the unlikely event that there is a breach in security of the payment service provider's servers or systems, although we will take whatever action we deem necessary to ensure that such breach is rectified, to the extent possible, by the payment service provider
Lost, Stolen and Destroyed Tickets
Only a person with an electronic ticket containing the relevant person’s name, unique reference number, barcodes and/or access codes will be permitted access to an event. When attending the event the Ticket Holder needs to ensure that their ID / passport number reflects on their ticket and the Ticket Holder is required to bring the matching ID / passport document to the festival in order to gain access.
In the event that the Ticket Holder has lost their ID or passport document, the Ticket Holder is required to bring an official affidavit from the South African Police Service, which states the whereabouts of their ID / passport document (lost/stolen/in the process of being replaced). Ticket Holders need to be 18 years old or older to attend the festival. If you are turning 18 during the weekend of the festival, you may only enter the festival grounds once you are officially of age.
The risk for loss and damage to tickets shall pass to the Ticket Holder upon delivery of the ticket via e-mail. Tickets that have been lost, stolen or destroyed, for any reason whatsoever, will not be replaced. Quicket and Rocking the Daisies cannot be held liable where a Ticket Holder accidentally sends a ticket to a third party who uses it to gain access to an event.
Steyn Entertainment, as Organisers of the event, may postpone or cancel, or curtail, or otherwise restrict events (“Curtail”). Where an Organiser Curtails an event such Organiser will offer the Ticket Holder a ticket rollover, which will be communicated timeously by the Organiser to all Ticket Holders.
Event tickets may ONLY be given away in competitions by official event partners and sponsors. We do not allow for any tickets purchased to be given away by third parties for personal or event promotion.
If you are the winner of an event ticket through an official event brand partner/sponsor or through our social media channels, it’s important to note that the ticket is non-transferrable and not redeemable for cash. If you can no longer attend the event you will need to contact the brand via the platform that the ticket(s) were awarded to you, and they will cancel the ticket(s).
Event Services are provided subject to applicable law and consumer protection legislation, but are otherwise provided without any warranty, and not subject to any condition (express or implied), except as specifically stated in the Site.
We cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the service and operation of the Quicket and Event and mobile systems. Quicket and the organiser shall not be liable for any delay or failure in the running of the Quicket Services, or the working of the Site, where such failure is due to factors beyond Quicket or the events control.
Quicket and the organisers will not be held liable for any indirect, special or consequential losses of any kind whatsoever arising from, or in connection with any booking (whether in contract, statute or delict).
Users acknowledge that access to the ticket booking Site may occasionally be restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. Quicket and the organisers will attempt to restore the Site as soon as reasonably possible.
Users acknowledge that by purchasing a event ticket, the event, Steyn Entertainment and its affiliates may use the photographs and video footage containing yourself or likeness for marketing and promotional purposes, and other business.
Users acknowledge that tickets purchased for the event may not be used for personal promotions or to run campaigns/competitions on personal or business platforms, both print and social media, and that in order to run a giveaway of any event ticket(s), the user needs to be granted written, signed permission Steyn Entertainment.