Title: Business Intelligence from Soup to Nuts
Within our rapidly changing and evolving business world, Business Intelligence has become more and more important by enabling decision makers to take those critical discussions vital to the health of the enterprise (with a minimal amount of time and effort).
In this primarily HANDS ON workshop we shall be looking at the ways that the suite of SQL Server 2016 Business Intelligence tools may be utilized to help our decision makers achieve their business objectives and corporate mission statement.
We shall be covering the following topics
- Understanding and interpreting business requirements and how to avoid many of the pitfalls and “gotcha’s”. Ask yourself honestly .. how many project run over due to a poor understanding of the business requirements.
- Working with and utilizing SQL Server Integration Services to import data (into our warehouses) from the cloud, local or other azure data source. We shall also be looking at and utilizing oData.
- Working with and reporting from OLAP cubes.
- Working with and reporting from Data Mining Projects.
- Working efficiently and effectively with the Tabular Model.
- An introduction to DAX and DAX functions and how this super language can assist in turning data into valuable information.
- Lastly, but not least we shall be looking at reporting utilizing SQL Server Reporting Services 2016 and the NEW Mobile Report Publisher.
The bulk of our practical coding and examples come from three big projects (over 2000 hours over 3 years) for major retail stores and organizations within the continental United States. One promise though, you WILL leave with more questions than answers!!!!About Steve:
Steve Simon is a SQL Server MVP and a senior BI and BA Development Engineer with Atrion Networking in Providence RI USA. He has been involved with database design and analysis for over 31 years. Steve has presented papers at numerous SQL Saturday’s, PASS Rallies, eight PASS Summits and one at PASS Europe 2009 and 2010.