The Trophy Wine Show Public Tasting Cape Town
Wed Aug 24, 17:00 - Wed Aug 24, 21:00
The Westin Cape Town, Old Harbour Lobby
Road works detour details to The Westin as follows:
1. Normal vehicle Access to the hotel will be restricted from 15 August 2022 – 10 October 2022 due to construction works.
2. Yellow Road Work Signage Boards will be in place depicting closures/detour routes.
3. Normal hotel vehicle access via Walter Sisulu Ave or down Lower Long Street – labelled “A” on the map will be blocked with only pedestrian access being permitted.
4. Detour vehicle access route to the hotel, as depicted on the map in “dotted red arrow lines” - destination “B” to The Westin will be as follows;
I. Travel down Walter Sisulu Ave past the CTICC
II. Turn left into Heerengracht St
III. At the traffic lights, turn left into FW De Klerk Blvd
IV. At the traffic circle, turn left into Lower Long Street
6. Follow the “dotted yellow arrow line, as depicted on the map, to make use of the hotel parking facilities.
The Trophy Wine Show brought to you by Investec is hosting a one-night only tasting of the 2022 award-winning wines selected at this year's competition, after three days of blind tastings. As chairman of the judges Michael Fridjhon said after the judging, "We really had a beautiful spread of medals this year." Choose from 127 silver, 9 gold and 16 trophy winning wines on the night. A silver medal score is 90-94/100 - so they are all wines of distinction!
The icon wines of South Africa. The A-list of wineries. Chosen by world-class wine judges from the US, France, England and South Africa.
The tasting takes place on Wednesday 24 August in the elegant ballroom of The Westin Cape Town on the Foreshore. Additionally, visitors can order the wines - many of which are freshly released - on the night via online wine retailer Port2Port, with delivery to your door.
Highlights will be the Investec Trophy for Best White (Paul Cluver Chardonnay 2020) and Best Red Wines of Show (Glen Carlou Collection Red Blend 2019), the International Judges’ trophy winner (Oldenburg Chardonnay 2021) and The Discovery of the Show (best value wine), the MAN Skaapveld Syrah 2020. The wines of Spier Wine Farm, the Most Successful Producer overall, will undoubtedly be major show draw cards too.
The lists of trophy and medal winners and additional information (such as Top 10s) are available at www.trophywineshow.co.za
Tickets are limited, and include a tasting glass to take home, and a light deli meal.