Discworld Day 2022: An Ankh Morpork Adventure
“Poets have tried to describe Ankh-Morpork. They have failed. Perhaps it's the sheer zestful vitality of the place, or maybe it's just that a city with a million inhabitants and no sewers is rather robust for poets, who prefer daffodils and no wonder. So let's just say that Ankh-Morpork is as full of life as an old cheese on a hot day, as loud as a curse in a cathedral, as bright as an oil slick, as colourful as a bruise and as full of activity, industry, bustle and sheer exuberant busyness as a dead dog on a termite mound."
- Terry Pratchett, Mort
THE FOURTH JHB DISCWORLD DAY: 2022 - AN ANKH-MORPORK ADVENTURE
Discover the streets of Ankh-Morpork, the greatest city of the Discworld. A folklorique network of old lanes, squares and alleys for your walking pleasure. Wherre exitement and trolls lurke arounde everry corner and much may be heard the traditional street cries of old time also the laughing visages of the denuizens as they goe about their business private.
GET YOUR TICKETS ONLINE
Kids 12 and under: R20
LAST MINUTE TICKETS (From Mon 31st Oct):
Adults: R80 online
Kids 12 and under: R30
ON THE DAY
Adults: R100 online or gate
Kids 12 and under: R50 online or gate
Toddlers, socialised pets and unruly luggages - FREE (and must be kept on leashes at all times, except the toddlers)
* EARLY WIZZARD TICKETS: R50 - only 50 available, only til 27th MAY!
PARKING: R20 per car
- The Discworld Dress Up. Embody your favourite character and be victorious. Win Thynngs.
- Of Gods and Guilds Quest: Complete the tasks as laid out for you. Choose your Guild – Thieves, Assassins or Beggars!
- Fabricati diem, pvnc: test your mettale and train with the City Watch, they are recruiting!
- The presence of beer always greases the rungs of the evolutionary ladder so make sure your Inn-sewer-ants-polly-seas are up to date and join us in The Mended Drum. Scumble on sale too!
- Expect a test of wits, much revelry, singing and many barbarians. (And a wizard's staff. With a knob on the end.)
- Burnt crunchy bits, dwarf bread, rat onna stick and other local delicacies can be found between Harga's House of Ribs and the Curry Gardens, so weary travellers and brave explorers will not have holes in their tummies. Keep an eye out for Cut-me-own-Throat Dibbler.
- Workshops with your favourite characters! Build thyngs. Decorate other thyngs! (No elephants)
- The Odium Moving Pictures House invites you to rest your weary rears, munch on banged grains and be enveloped in the screenings of Sir Terry Pratchett's visual fantastical-ness.
Vendor Applications Now Open - email [email protected] for information.
|Age restriction||Family friendly|
|Refund policy||No refunds|