Foundations: Hand building with clay | Tuesday nights | July - September
Unearth your creative side and learn a new skill while making useful and beautiful clay creations to fill your home
A comprehensive weekly course covering the basics of hand building with clay for beginners
> 12 July - 13 September (*Note the Quicket event reflects a different end date but the course dates listed here is correct)
> 10 consecutive weeks with sessions every Tuesday 6:30pm - 9:00pm
> Become familiar with the basic hand building techniques of clay; pinching, coiling, slab construction and glazing
> Guided creative projects within each of these techniques.
> Working through the projects in the course will free you up to make creative decisions and develop your own aesthetic language.
> Join a group of other likeminded, creative-spirited makers around a communal table while you work on your creations.
> Afterwards students can join 'Established' weekly classes at the Clay Hands Studio and explore projects freely, and at a lower rate
> R4,350 for the 10 weeks or pay in two instalments of R2,350
> Fee is all inclusive of clay + firing + paints + glazes + studio time.
> payment secures spot
Please read through 'more info' tab (above) for class details before registering
• Teacher on Duty
Hand building Foundation classes are taught by Clay Hands trained teacher, Valeria
• Clay Hands studio The Clay Hands studio is a safe, respectful, non-judgemental creative space to support the innate creativity within us while learning a new skill and playing freely. The studio is in the heart of Woodstock, tucked away in a serene courtyard of the beautiful 196 Victoria Centre. It’s truly a place of calm amongst the chaos.
• Dates and catch-ups This short course requires a weekly commitment for 9 consecutive weeks. Catch-ups, unless exceptional circumstance, cannot be accommodated for foundation courses as too much will be missed out. Please check dates carefully.
• RefundsRefunds will not be issued for cancellations received less than 4 business days before the program begins unless that space can be filled. More info here
• Whatsapp group You'll be added to a whatsapp group for easy communications with your group members to organise around rideshares and for updates from the teacher.
• Parking and security Roger, our amazing security guard, will help you find parking on Victoria Road or surrounding streets and will walk you to and from the car.•
Signing up in times of Covid Masks to be worn when moving around the studio, but are optional once seated. Protocols will be adjusted according to provincial Covid cases and situation. Please make sure you are comfortable with this policy before registering. Studio is well ventilated.
|Refund policy||No refunds|