Heavy Chef: Public Speaking
- Mark Brown, 1995 World Champion of Public Speaking
- Verity Price, 2021 World Champion of Public Speaking
- Fred Roed, CEO and Founder, Heavy Chef (MC)
31 April, 6pm-7:30pm, Workshop17 Watershed, CPT
Hybrid Event: Live On Stage, In-Person And Livestream.
Public speaking is scary for many entrepreneurs, yet it remains a crucial aspect of leadership. Whether standing on stage, pitching ideas to investors or conveying vital messages to your team, projecting information effectively will always underpin the success of businesses everywhere. In order to unlock the mysterious art of speaking in public Heavy Chef has invited two world champions (Toastmasters 1995 and Toastmasters 2021) to a conversation about their craft. Verity Price, who was the 6th female in 80 years of competing and the first African to win a competition that features over 30,000 annual entrants, joins previous world champion Mark Brown for a no-holds-barred deep-dive into the structures, tactics, hacks, delivery styles and common mistakes that speakers make when delivering their message. This event will dispel myths, unlock secrets and arm you with the tools to make you - and your business - more competitive.
- Tuesday 31 May, 6pm-7:30pm
- Start Time: 6pm South Africa Time / Central Africa Time (Sharp!)
- Venue: Workshop17 Watershed, 17 Dock Road, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town 8002.
- Parking is available across the street from the venue, at the Portswood parking precinct.
- Hybrid Event: Live On Stage, In-Person And Livestream.
- Physical seating: R250 per seat. Heavy Chef members don't pay (sign up here and get two free seats per month).
- Heavy Chef members: if you struggle with the event codes, please email us for assistance.
- Livestream: Free to everyone, unlimited.
- Livestream links will be emailed prior to the event.
Heavy Chef events are brought to you by Xero and PayFast.
Support is provided by Howler, Workshop17, Creed Living, Sir Fruit, Goodleaf and Backsberg.
Heavy Chef is proud partners with xneelo, Digital Planet, We Grow SA, HP Store, Retail Capital, Parcel Ninja and Global Citizen.
|Refund policy||Refunds allowed (view policy)|