DarkFest 2022 has officially been called on for the 11th to the 17th of April 2022 and it's about to get sendy! The world renowned DarkFest course is about to be uncovered and get all the tweaks and changes needed to take Freeride MTB to new heights.
After 2 years of having to run the event in a closed off bubble. Sam Reynolds and the DarkFest crew are really excited to get back to full power and the original vibes that have made DarkFest what it is to the global MTB community. With more riders and more stoke than ever before, DarkFest 2022 is a go!
We’re giving you a chance to get a behind the scenes look at the filming of one of the most viral core MTB video projects in recent years. A limited batch of tickets will be up for grabs to hang out on Friday 15th and Saturday 16th of April at The Hellsend Dirt Compound at Vuurberg farm near Stellenbosch.
Friday 15th and Saturday 16th April: 8am to 5pm - General Admission Tickets available from R200 per person, but why not upgrade to a DarkFEST Experience or VIP Hospitality.
*Note that riding is dependent on a number of factors especially the weather with gusts of wind and unpredictable weather playing a big factor in the course being ridable on the day or not. Stay tuned for “Green Light" announcements via DarkFest Socials and the Facebook event page as to when the conditions will be prime for viewing riding.
This year’s rider list is absolutely stacked, including DarkFest veterans, some big senders and now also some of the baddest women in Freeride to make one of the most rounded and awesome rider line ups of any event ever seen.
CONFIRMED ATHLETES SO FAR...
Sam Reynolds (GB) Clemens Kaudela (AT) Sam Hodgson (GB) Kade Edwards (GB) Kaos Seagrave (GB) Ike Klaassen (ZA) Theo Erlangsen (ZA) Bienvenido Aguado (ES) Nicholi Rogatkin (USA) Szymon Godziek (PL) Brendan Fairclough (GB) Daniel Ruso (AT) Elias Ruso (AT) Tom Isted (GB) Adolf Silva (ES) Vincent Tupin (FR) Ethan Nell (USA) Reed Boggs (USA) Matt MacDuff (CA) Graham Agassiz (CA) Daryl Brown (GB) Vero Sandler (GB) Casey Brown (CA) Hannah Bergman (USA) Chelsea Kimball (USA) Robin Goomes (NZ)
“The DarkFest athlete line-up has always been very proudly unique and diverse. From the original days of PureDarkness to current day, the DarkFest course has been opened up to the world’s best Freeriders, established World Cup racers willing to risk it all, and even unknown wild cards. 2022 is now potentially the event’s biggest step in progression, as female athletes are officially coming to conquer the pinnacle of Big Air MTB! Xgames Real MTB finalist and woman’s MTB Freeride legend, Vero Sandler, is heading up this progression putting together a select crew to tackle these mammoth jumps.” - Sam Reynolds
Stay tuned for more updates and announcements via the DarkFest Facebook and Instagram accounts.
Please note that riding is dependent on a number of factors, especially the weather with gusts of wind playing a big factor in the course being ridable or not. So to avoid disappointment stay tuned for "green light" updates via the Facebook event page as to when conditions will be prime for viewing.
Please note: The organisers of Darkfest cannot be held liable in the event that riders are unable to ride the course.
TO MAKE THE MOST OF DARKFEST:
- It's HOT, almost as HOT as the action, so bring sunscreen, a hat or an umbrella and keep a bottle of water on hand! Better still, get your hands on some limited edition DarkFEST bucket hats, caps or T-shirts with your tickets NOW. And if you forget, don’t worry we got you covered! Limited merchandise will also be on sale at the door.
- Food and beverages will be on sale throughout the day
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions, the use of cash will be extremely limited and visitors will be required to pay via Snapscan or Yoko.
- Access to the course is not permitted, so in the interest of your own safety, please view the event from the designated areas and obey the instructions of all Marshalls and security staff
Just a reminder:
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, the use of cash will be extremely limited and visitors will be required to pay for merch, food and beverages via Snapscan or Yoko
1. Look out for the Marshalls and signage to the parking area. The entrance to Hellsend Dirt Compound is at Vuurberg Wine Farm.
2. Make sure you collect the correct wrist band at the entry point i.e. if you bought a DarkFEST Experience entry, make sure you have the applicable wrist band.
3. No Smoking is permitted anywhere on the farm! It’s dry and we don’t want a fire to put an end to the day’s proceedings.
4. No disorderly conduct or conduct that is deemed unbecoming will be accepted
5. Please obey the instructions of all marshals and security staff
6. Please use the bins provided for litter and clean up after yourself
7. Check out for our online merchandise sales or grab a great deal on merch at the door
8. Children Under 10 years free if accompanied by a paying adult
9. No under 18's allowed in the DarkFEST VIP Hospitality or DarkFEST Zone unless accompanied by a paying adult
10. No pets allowed
|Age restriction||Family friendly|
|Refund policy||No refunds|