Introduction to Facilitating and Producing Participatory Virtual Events
This introductory course to Facilitating & Producing Participatory Virtual Events will help you to make the best use of virtual opportunities to engage with people, to explore issues creatively, and to reach decisions. We will consider some challenges when facilitating virtual processes and share tips and tools to make the virtual experience engaging, participatory and productive. The course is offered on Zoom but the principles, tools and techniques have wider use for other platforms
What will it cover?
This short online course focuses on the roles of facilitator and producer. It covers four stages of any facilitation process, and the key considerations for the virtual facilitator and producer along the arc of facilitation:
1. Designing and preparing an online facilitation process:
- Overview of the role of the facilitator and producer before, during and after a facilitation process
- "Tweaks" which can be made to the event design to make the producer's role easier and to "de-risk" the event
2. Convening and onboarding participants:
- How to provide basic technical support to participants before and during the meeting, including basic adaptations to optimize bandwidth and stability
- Key features of the Zoom dashboard, which have participant and producer implications
- Troubleshooting and Security
3. Conduct the session: ?
- Challenges in virtual events
- Managing the meeting for participation, engagement and productivity
- Setting up and moving between breakout rooms
- Examples of methods and tools for engagement
4. Ending the session
- Checklist for ending off your event/workshop/meeting
By the end of the course, you will have:
- An improved understanding of your role as facilitator / producer of virtual meetings/events
- A range of tools that can be used to optimize participation and engagement
- Developed a repertoire of troubleshooting tips and practices
Where, when and how much?
This short course (5 hours, including a 1-hour break) will be delivered in online via Zoom, in English. A basic familiarity with Zoom is assumed.
Dates: 9 March 2022 / 16 November 2022
Time: 09h50 - 15h00 (SAST)(Check if this time is suitable for you in your timezone here: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/)
- Participants from US, Canada, Europe, $150 or ZAR 2140.00 excluding VAT
- All funders, consultants and private sector organisations, $150 or ZAR 2140.00 excluding VAT
- Participants from not-for-profit sector in Africa/Asia/Latin America: $90 or ZAR 1280.00 excluding VAT
Only valid for 1 participant - per registration
- Signing up 3 or more persons from one organization (10%),
- Signing up for a combination of 2 courses in one year (10%)
Practical skills for meaningful social change?
Through our training programme, Southern Hemisphere has been providing practical skills for meaningful social change for 18 years. Now, in partnership with Orla Cronin Research, we are offering an introductory course on Participatory Virtual Facilitation to assist MEL Practitioners, Consultants, Project Managers, Researchers, Directors, Leaders, Planners and Development practitioners (and anyone trying to facilitate processes online).
How do I sign up?
Email: [email protected]
Tel: + 27 (021) 422 0205
|Age restriction||No under 18s|
|Refund policy||No refunds|