STORYLAB STORYTELLING - OVERCOMING FALLOUT
October is Mental Health Awareness Month
This StoryLab Event has been created to use stories to help increase awareness and reduce the stigma and discrimination that people with mental illness are often subjected to.
Mental health problems, such as depression, anxiety, substance abuse and job stress are common, affecting individuals, their families and co-workers, and the broader community.
We all have an incredible resilience to survive challenges and arrive on the other side stronger.
Each one of us have experienced some level of loss - either physical, emotional, relational, psychological or financial - maybe you have faced some or all of this. There is so much stress and anxiety in our lives. Let's spend time listening to our storyteller's experiences of overcoming, hope and courage - and leave uplifted and inspired.
STORYLAB Storytelling Events are an opportunity for people to connect and hear stories being told by seasoned storytellers.
Each storyteller will share a part of their life that has been a struggle, a stretch and had a significant impact on their lives.
Their ability to convey their story is because they have worked through and have overcome their challenge and are able to release their story.
All with the hope that others may listen, learn and find strength to unlock their own story of overcoming.
We have 3 courageous Storytellers at this event whose lives have been transformed because of what they have overcome and in their process have found hope.
EXPECTATIONS OF THIS STORYLAB UNPLUGGED STORYTELLING EVENT
- 3 inspiring stories by our storytellers.
- Time for reflection, interaction and conversation with the guests and storytellers.
- The event will be managed by two experienced coaches and facilitators.
- Opportunity to connect with others.
- Zoom provides us with a space to be together in the safety of your own. home.
As a STORYLAB guest we ask the following of you:
- Come with an open heart, curious to learn, grow and connect.
- Respect and treat all that you hear with compassion and confidentiality.
- Give the Storyteller meaningful feedback and any insight you got from their story with verbally or on the chat.
- Have a small notebook to journal you thoughts after each story.
STORYLAB ZOOM PROTOCOL
- Zoom allows you to join us in the comfort of your own space and home.
- Please download Zoom before the event.
- A link for the event with a password will be sent to you on the day before the event for use by the ticket holder only.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before 09h30
- You will remain in a waiting room and allowed access once we have checked you have a valid ticket and you are on the guest list
- Please turn your video on so we can CONNECT face to face.
- Please keep your audio off unless you are speaking.
- Turn your screen onto speaker view - to see the storyteller.
- Make comments, ask questions and share your thoughts on the chat.
- We will use breakout rooms for sharing and connecting.
We look forward to your presence and participation at this event.
Trudy Blake & Charissa Balman
|Age restriction||No under 13s|
|Refund policy||No refunds|