The Great Bryanston Cake Bake Event
A fun fundraising event for the 1st Bryanston Scout, Cub and Meerkat group.
On Saturday the 30th of October 2021 we will host a community Baking event, in the tradition of a fun fair atmosphere at our Scout hall. Time: 10:30 am - 15:00pm
Join in the fun and show off your baking skills by entering your cake in the competition.
Bakers can enter into one or several of the categories and compete for wonderful prizes and honour. Baking will be judged by a panel of Bryanston celebrities.
Subcategory 1: Sweet Breads e.g. doughnuts, sweet buns, banana and fruit loaves, scones muffins
Subcategory 2: Shortened Cakes – also known as butter, conventional, or creamed cakes
e.g. creamed cakes, fruit cakes
Subcategory 3: Unshortened cakes – e.g meringues, sponge, chiffon, roulades,
Subcategory 4: Pudding cakes – e.g mousses, cheesecakes, tortes
Subcategory 5: Pastries and tarts e.g. flans, strudels, choux, baklava
Subcategory 6: Biscuits and cookies
Subcategory 1: Breads e.g. doughnuts, sweet buns, banana and fruit loaves, scones muffins
Subcategory 2: Savoury bakes e.g. paptert, potato
Subcategory 3: Pastries and tarts e.g. sausage rolls, quiches
Entries will be R100 per entry. After judging cakes will be donated to the scout group for sale to the attendees of the event for fundraising.
An adult and youth competition will be competed for.
Tea, coffee and other festivities will enhance the day so come bring the family and join in the fun.
All or any donations will be gladly accepted.
Should you wish to sponsor the event, donate a prize please contact Anne - 083 304 0506
1. Contestants must be amateurs. Chefs, Cooks or Culinary Arts Students are not eligible for the competition but can submit bakes for sale.
2. Contestants may have more than one entry, but can only win one (1) prize.
3. Submissions must be home cooked (not store bought).
4. Baked goods are to be prepared in a sanitary manner.
5. All baked goods must be fully baked and complete.
6. Each entry should be marked with the name of your baked goods and the ingredients (for allergy purposes)
7. Please do not submit anything that requires refrigeration.
8. Contestants may work individually or with a team. (Prizes will be awarded to 1 member/team only, NOT each individual.)
9. Entries should be delivered between 8am and 9:30am on 30th October, Judging will be from 9:30 to 10:30 and the winners announced at 2pm
We are in the process of getting sponsored prized the first company to sponsor is The Bakers Warehouse - in the Hobart shopping centre a R500 store voucher.
The Bryanston Country Club has donated R 1600 family Voucher to their terrace restaurant plus a bottle of bubbly.
Dino from the Riverside Cafe and Bistro has donated a R 350.00 voucher
Nadia from Doppio Zero Hobart has donated 2 x R250 voucher
New Leaf Creations R 500.00 voucher to their online gift shop.