Essential Snake Bite First Response
This Essential Snake Bite First Response seminar provides a structured framework that that will greatly reduce the risk of being bitten by a snake, and provide the best possible outcome, should a snake bite occur in both humans and pets.
Includes the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of the first responder.
- 4 Principles of living or working where venomous animals occur.
- Zone risk assessment.
- Medically important snakes
- Common harmless snakes.
- Venom and envenomation.
- Responding to an emergency.
- Emergency Response Plan.
This framework of understanding can be applied anytime and anywhere, does not require any special equipment. Participants get access to exclusive snake bite online resources that will help them implement what they learn. Developed and presented by Jonathan Leeming.
- Everyone who enjoys the great outdoors!
- Field guides and lodge staff.
- Outdoor enthusiasts.
- Employees who work in areas inhabited by snakes.
- Conservationists and field workers.
- Hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners.
- Prepare for a snakebite emergency.
- Greatly reduce the risk of being bitten by a snake.
- Understand where snakes can be found and why.
- Identify medically important snakes.
- React to an encounter with a snake in the correct manner.
- Respond competently in case of a snakebite.
This event is suitable for all ages. Consists of a 1.5 hour interactive lecture. Meet at the Ecological Centre 15 minutes before the event. This event will go ahead regardless of the weather. For queries, please contact Jonathan Leeming on 082 338-4381(phone, WhatsApp, Telegram, Signal). For more information about Kloofendal Nature Reserve, please go to www.kloofendalfriends.org.za
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided before the event. Please wear something warm, as the Ecological Centre is rather chilly during the winter months.
Jonathan Leeming is a best selling author, international speaker and award winning conservationist. He as written 9 books (Scorpions of southern Africa, Scorpions of Sabi Sands, Spider & Scorpion Risk Assessment, Venomous Animal General Awareness, Risk Assessment & First Aid, Antivenom Management, General Awareness, First Aid Guide To Spider Bites & Scorpion Stings).
He consults for the Poison Information Helpline, various organisations and speaks at medical conferences on the subject of envenomation. Jonathan brings a fresh and unique insight into the subject of venomous animals and their bites and stings.
|Refund policy||No refunds|