ULTRA-TRAIL® DRAKENSBERG 2022
Run South Africa's most majestic mountains.
Ultra-Trail® Drakensberg is a festival of trail running with events of 160km, 100km, 62km, 30km and 21km. All events take place within the Southern area of the internationally renowned Maloti Drakensberg World Heritage Site and large swathes of this iconic wilderness are traversed.
Incorporating and skirting some of the legendary features of the Southern Drakensberg such as Sani Pass, Twelve Apostles, Khanti Ridge, Gxalingenwa Gorge, Hodgson’s Peaks, Garden Castle, Rhino Peak and Langalibalele’s Pass, participants in Ultra-Trail® Drakensberg will experience mountain running at its very finest.
- UTD160 covers two countries and includes 72km of high altitude running up to 3,482m in the mountain kingdom of Lesotho.
- UTD100 includes a climb up the infamous Sani Pass, while the
- GCU62, SDR32 and DRJ21 all cover part, or all, of the legendary Giant’s Cup Trail.
UTD is based at Premier Resort Sani Pass and will take place on 22 - 24 April 2022.
To learn more, visit our website:
Welcome to the UTD Merchandise Store!Here's a list of the items that you can order through the Merch Order Form.The merch orders will close on 18 March, 17h00.
Mens Thermoball Eco JacketThermoball is ultralight, highly compressible synthetic insulation that retains loft and traps heat even when wet. Embroidered UTD Logo, Colour: Tea Green, Price: R2,399, Available sizes: S, M, L, XL
Womens Thermoball Eco JacketThermoball is ultralight, highly compressible synthetic insulation that retains loft and traps heat even when wet. Embroidered UTD Logo, Colour: Goblin Blue, Price: R2,399, Available sizes: S, M, L, XL
Mens Cyclone JacketThis lightweight jacket is made with recycled polyester is lightweight, durable and packable. It’s windproof, water-repellent, UPF 50 protection.Colour: Tea Green, Antelope Tan, GravelEmbroidered UTD Logo, Price: R1,199, Available sizes: S, M, L, XL
Womens Cyclone JacketThis lightweight jacket is made with recycled polyester is lightweight, durable and packable. It’s windproof, water-repellent, UPF 50 protection.Colour: Gardenia White-Gravel, Embroidered UTD Logo, Price: R1,199, Available sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL
Dock Worker Recycled Beanie The UTD logo will be on the opposite side of the beanie to where the TNF logo sits. Embroidered UTD LogoColour: Light Grey HeatherPrice: R289
*detailed event weekend programme will be released at later date.
Thursday, 21 April 2022:
- 3pm - 6pm: Registration UTD160 @ Premier Resort Sani Pass
Friday, 23 April 2021
- 8am - 8:45am: Late Registration for UTD160 @ Sani Mountain Lodge
- 9am: Race Briefing UTD160 @ Sani Mountain Lodge
- 10am: Race Start UTD160 @ Sani Mountain Lodge
- 12pm - 5:30pm: Registration UTD100, GCU62, SDR32 and DRJ21 @ Premier Resort Sani Pass
- 6pm: Race Briefing UTD100, GCU62, SDR32 and DRJ21 @ Premier Resort Sani Pass
Saturday, 243April 2022
- 5am: UTD100 Start @ SA Border Post Sani Pass
- 7am: GCU62 Start @ Bushman’s Nek Hotel
- 6.30am - 7.30am: Late Registration DRJ21 @ Premier Resort Sani Pass
- 8am: DRJ21 Start @Premier Resort Sani Pass
- 12pm-1pm: Late Registration SDR32 @ Castleburn Farm
- 1.30pm: SDR32 Start @ Castleburn Farm
Sunday, 24 April 2022
- 7am: Final Cut-Off UTD160 & UTD100 @ Premier Resort Sani Pass
- 11am-To Late: Awards Celebration & After Party @ Premier Resort Sani Pass
UPGRADES AND DOWNGRADES
- Should you wish to upgrade to a longer distance at UTD prior to the 11th of March 2022 then you will need to top up to the required entry fee.
- No upgrades will be accepted after the 11th of March 2022
- Should you wish to downgrade to a shorter distance at UTD prior to the 11th of March 2022 then, a 90% refund on the difference will be paid out by the event
- Downgrades are not refundable after the 11th of March 2022
- Downgrades after the 11th of March 2022 must be accompanied by a valid Doctor’s Certificate and there is the possibility that correct event apparel will not then be available
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING REFUNDS
Refunds are only available for new entrants into the 2022 event. Those who entered the 2020 event and obtained the free ‘Covid’ rollover to 2022 cannot now apply for a refund.
If UTD 2022 is cancelled for Covid-19 related reasons prior to 11/3/2022 then an 80% refund will be paid out to all entered runners. This does not include those runners that rolled over from 2020 who will be automatically rolled over to 2023.
If UTD 2022 is cancelled/postponed for Covid 19 related reasons after 11/3/2022 then all entered runners will be transferred to the new event date. This may be 2023 if no suitable alternative 2022 date can be found.
- 90% refund is available on all new 2022 entries until the close of entries at 5pm on Friday the 11th of March 2022
- There will be no refunds after 5pm 11th of March 2022
- No refunds are available after the 11th of March 2022 unless a valid Doctor’s certificate can be produced in which case the refund will be 60%. We will only accept medical certificates emailed directly to the organisation from your doctor.
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL BANS
- Any International Runner who is unable to attend UTD2022 due to a Covid related Travel Ban between their country and South Africa will be automatically rolled over to UTD2023. The Rollover Policy will also apply to Internal Lockdowns that prohibit international travel. This rollover will incur a R350 Admin Fee.
- This Rollover Policy applies to official Travel Bans between countries and Internal Lockdowns prohibiting international travel and not to quarantines, isolations, travel recommendations or individual cases of Covid-19.
If you have any questions, contact the race director: