TED 2016 Is Here.
Big TED, that is. This year’s week-long festival of mind-altering, breath-taking, awe-inspiring, you-name-it ideas is almost here, and you get to take it all in from the comfort and convenience of a front-row seat.
TEDxSoweto brings you a live stream of the TED Conference, direct from a cold Vancouver in Canada, on Thursday 18 February from 16h00 to 20h30, at JoziHub, 44 Stanley Avenue, Milpark.
The theme is Dream. Because dreams matter. And TED2016
is dedicated to the greatest dreams we are capable of dreaming. It is a week to stare hard at humanity’s toughest challenges, to listen to our greatest thinkers, artists and storytellers. A week to stir the blood.
The TEDxSoweto live stream focuses on Sessions 7 and 8: Imagine there's no countries and Nightmares?. Al Gore, the Nobel Laurete who focused the world's attention on the global climate crisis. He'll be at the TED 2016 stage to show us how we're moving towards a real solution. The other speakers include Hugh Evan and Dan Gross, the former has a dream of eradicating extreme poverty by 2030 and the latter has a dream of cutting gun deaths in half by 2025.
See the lineup: 15:45 - 16:00 | Attendees Arrive
16:00 - 17:45 | Session 7: Imagine there's no countries Parag Khanna
– Global StrategistDalia Mogahed
- Muslim Studies ScholarAmit Sood
- TechnologistChristiana Fiqueres
– Climate AdvocateHugh Evana
– Humanitarian 17:45 - 18:30 | Drinks and Snacks
18:30 - 20:15 | Session 8: Nightmare? Al Gore
– Climate AdvocateAndrew Youn
– Anti-Hunger ActivistJennifer Kahn
– Science JournalistRhiannon Giddens
- MusicianDan Gross
– Gun-Control ActivistMichael Murphy
– Designer 20:15 - 20:30 | Drinks and Conversation