Night Run to Honour Healthcare Workers 2021 - Cape Town
Please note: Entries for the physical (in-person) event have been closed in order to comply with Covid-19 restrictions. Entries for the virtual events and options for donations are available here.
Welcome to the Cape Town 7km Night Run to Honour Healthcare Workers, brought to you by the Exceptional Nurse Campaign, in partnership with Wintergreen and supported by Run/Walk for Life! The event will be held on Saturday 2 October 2021 at 18h00.
This family-friendly event is open to everyone, not only healthcare workers, and aims to both honour healthcare workers and raise funds for bursaries for student nurses. The first 2 000 entrants will receive 2 super free gifts at registration.
Tickets are R100 for adults and R50 for children under 12 years. Entries close on 28 September 2021.
The 7km Night Run will be a physical and a virtual event. As restrictions on numbers are currently expected, three options will be available:
- Run with healthcare workers at 18h00 from the main Night Run venue.
- Run an organised 7km route from designated Run/Walk for Life Club venues. Your proof of entry will be required.
- Run a 7km route from ANYWHERE!
Should COVID-19 regulations prevent the main 7km Night Run event from taking place, only options 2 or 3 will be available (i.e. the event will be held as a virtual event).
Rules and Regulation - Terms and Conditions
- The 7km NIGHT RUN to honour HEALTHCARE WORKERS has been organised following the official Code of Conduct for Fun Runs.
- Bookings and payments to be done online.
- Entries close on Tuesday, 28 September 2021. We are limited to 2 000 entries. The race organisers reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
- The entry fee is non-refundable unless the entry is rejected.
- Once you have entered and paid online, you will be able to print out your race entry ticket. Your personal NIGHT RUN ticket must be carried on your person for the entire race.
- Registration and free gift collection will officially open at 3.00 pm on the RACE DAY.
- All runners must use headlamps after 6pm.
- All runners are advised to wear bright colours – no plain black tops are to be worn.
- Distance markers will be placed at each kilometre mark.
- No dogs or bicycles may participate in the event.
- Wheelchair users must please contact the organisers timeously to make arrangements for their participation.
- Cut off time for the 7km NIGHT RUN is 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Marshalls, traffic and security officials must be obeyed at all times. If participants are instructed by any race, medical, traffic or security official to stop they shall do so immediately.
- Public parking is available at the venue. Race organizers will provide security guards but parking will be at the owner’s risk.
- Liability: The organisers and sponsors accept no responsibility for injury or accident resulting from participation in the race.
- The 7KM NIGHT RUN to honour HEALTHCARE WORKERS takes place in an environmentally sensitive area. Participants may not litter or damage the environment in which the event takes place. Participants who do not respect the instructions regarding litter may be subject to a fine or a ban from future events.
- The proceeds from the NIGHT RUN entries will go towards bursaries for student nurses.
- The general public and COVID-19 SURVIVORS are invited to line the 7km race route to celebrate our healthcare workers.
- This is going to be an AMAZING EVENT! Let us do our part to round up colleagues, friends and family to join us.
|Age restriction||Family friendly|
|Refund policy||No refunds|