PRACTICE WALK 7: BETTY’S BAY (20km)
Anyone can participate in the practice walks - family and friends | male or female | fit children or fit adults. Proceeds from these walks will be used by Lighthouse 2 Lighthouse Ladies to support duly elected charities in the Overstrand.
WALK | CONNECT | PRACTICE
· Route: Denys Heesom coastal trail starting point at Main Beach, Betty’s Bay – coastal path around Stony Point – Silversands Bay – Sea Farm Private Nature reserve- back to Main Beach - Parking area.
· Distance: 20km
· Duration: approx.7 hours
· Terrain: Fynbos trail path, sandy beach, rocky footpaths, soft sand dunes and tar/gravel roads
· Rest stops: First stop 6km from Start, before Sea Farm, Second stop @10km after Sea Farm estate and Third stop at Stony Point (2,4km from end)
· Meeting point: Parking lot @ Main Beach - off Access Rd (corner of Access & Myrica roads)
· Time: 6h30 – Registration | 7h00 – Start | 14h00 – End
Ladies (&Gents) travelling from Hermanus may want to share transport, meeting at OK MiniMark Carpark in Onrus
(Cnr Main & Vermont Road, Onrus River) 5H30, to leave at 5H45 for Betty’s Bay (40km / 45 min).
· Directions from R43 in Betty's Bay:
· Turn Left before the CALTEX garage/Jack's Restaurant into Porter drive.
· Follow road signs to Main Beach - Left into Anglers Rd and then right into Access Rd, which lead to parking area (with Ablution block)
*Please note the tide timetable has been taken into consideration to set the date for this walk. Low tide at 10:30.
The routes are chosen for the practice walks to help registered Lighthouse 2 Lighthouse Ladies prepare for the Official 4-day 100km Walk. The Official Walk in 2022 is aimed at raising funds for duly elected charities in the Overstrand.
Lighthouse2Lighthouse ladies' (NPO 169-860) is a non-profit organisation focused on raising funds for charities in the Overstrand community.
We have raised just over R5million since 2006 and, in doing so, helped more than 20 charities in our community. The registered Lighthouse 2 Lighthouse ladies that walked in May 2021 were able to raise funds for the main beneficiary Hermanus Child and Family services (R588,124.35).
Money was also raised for the secondary beneficiary 2021, Overstrand Hospice (R35,099.77) during the Official Practice Walk.
An additional R31,000 was also donated to a variety of different charities including Kleinmond Animal Welfare (KAWS), Waldorf Hermanus, Grootbos Foundation, Creative Skills Factors, Children’s Book Network, Northcliff House college, Hermanus Varsity Trust, SOFCA, Pebble Project and Hawston Health and Wellness Organisation.
Money cannot be raised without the support of our walkers – albeit the registered Lighthouse 2 Lighthouse Ladies or family or friends or community members. Your small contribution will make a big difference to the communities impacted by the charities we support in the Overstrand.
|Age restriction||Family friendly|
|Refund policy||No refunds|