Building Immunity with the Six Tastes - Ayurvedic Nutritionist Michele Mistry
Our Immunity is fast becoming a super power or invisible cape we wear that gives us, well, immunity!, from a host of nasty experiences either in or out of hospital.
The old adage that prevention is better than cure has never been more true.
Taste plays a greater role in Ayurveda than just sensory fulfilment. Each of the Ayurvedic tastes, bitter, pungent, sweet, sour, salty and astringent have an elemental quality that guides us towards their appropriate use to create balance and immunity.
In this class we explore
- the bigger picture of immunity in an Ayurvedic approach to health
- tastes and food that build and maintain immunity for your specific Ayurvedic constitution known as your dosha
- how to tend to a compromised immune system using the 6 tastes
- the six tastes and how they relate to the 5 elements
- herbs and spices that boost immunity and how to incorporate them into meals, snacks, and beverages
- a team-based cooking competition incorporating the 6 tastes in a meal, with COVID-19 protocols in place.
|Age restriction||No under 13s|
|Refund policy||Refunds allowed (view policy)|