Building Immunity with the Six Tastes - Ayurvedic Nutritionist Michele Mistry
Our Immunity is fast becoming like a super power or an invisibility cloak that affords us greater freedom and ease, at a time when everyone is at risk of becoming ill.
It is a complex combination of physical, emotional, mental, social and environmental building blocks that come together to armour us against pathogens.
In the past 2 years, so many of these aspects have moved in and out of our control.
The old adage that prevention is better than cure has never been more true.
This workshop looks at aspects of immunity that are within your control. Using the principles of Ayurveda and the six tastes, we will create health protocols to strengthen you, your family or your team.
Taste plays a greater role in Ayurveda than just sensory fulfilment. Each of the Ayurvedic tastes, bitter, pungent, sweet, sour, salty and astringent have an elemental quality that guides us towards their appropriate use to create balance and immunity.
In this class we explore
- the bigger picture of immunity in an Ayurvedic approach to health
- tastes and food that build and maintain immunity for your specific Ayurvedic constitution known as your dosha
- how to rebuild a compromised immune system using the 6 tastes
- herbs and spices that boost immunity and how to incorporate them into meals, snacks, and beverages
- a team-based cooking competition (COVID-19 protocols in place) to incorporate the 6 tastes into different elements of an immune boosting meal.
|Age restriction||No under 13s|
|Refund policy||No refunds|