STORYLAB - STRONG WOMEN - PART 1 - 12TH AUG
At this ONLINE STORYLAB Storytelling Event we are celebrating STRONG WOMEN.
" Each time a woman stands up for herself, she stands up for all women"
This is part 1 of 2 parts.
We have 9 incredible storytellers and our hope is that you attend both events. The next one is on the 28th August at 14h00
We all have an incredible resilience to survive challenges and arrive on the other side stronger.
Each one of us have experienced some level of loss - either physical, emotional, relational, psychological or financial - maybe you have faced some or all of this.
In all of us there is a story of finding hope - a story that will inspire others.
STORYLAB Storytelling Events are an opportunity for people to connect and hear stories being told by seasoned storytellers.
Each storyteller will share a part of their life that has been a struggle, a stretch and had a significant impact on their lives.
Their ability to convey their story is because they have worked through and have overcome their challenge and are able to release their story.
All with the hope that others may listen, learn and find strength to unlock their own story of overcoming.
We have 4 Storytellers at this event whose lives have been transformed because of what they have overcome and in their process have found HOPE.
You will CONNECT with others, their stories and your story.
Something will IGNITE inside of the storyteller as they share and it will intern ignite something in you.
In living through their story - each storyteller has TRANSFORMED and so will you as it will have a profound effect on you after this event.
You will leave feeling inspired, empowered and touched - and will feel ready to RELEASE your story.
THE STORYTELLERS -
Pippa Shaper | Carmen Andries | Chantel Oelofse | Philippa Namutebi Kabeli - Kagwa
EXPECTATIONS OF THIS STORYLAB UNPLUGGED STORYTELLING EVENT
- 4 incredible stories by our storytellers.
- Time for reflection, interaction and conversation with the storytellers.
- The event will be managed by two experienced coaches and facilitators.
- Opportunity to network with others.
- We will send you some notes on the day of the event for you to have on hand as a reference.
As a STORYLAB guest we ask the following of you:
- Come with an open heart, curious to learn, grow and connect.
- Respect and treat all that you hear with compassion and confidentiality.
- Give the Storyteller meaningful feedback and any insight you got from their story with verbally or on the chat.
- Have a small notebook to journal you thoughts after each story.
SUPPORT - Storylab will be donating a portion of the proceeds of the event to the
Saartjie Baarman Centre for Women and Children.
They provide essential, cost-free services 365 days a year to abused women and children employing a comprehensive range of services for the effective treatment and prevention of violence against women and children.
STORYLAB ZOOM PROTOCOL
- Zoom allows you to join us in the comfort of your own space and home.
- Please download Zoom before the event.
- A link for the event with a password will be sent to you on the day before the event for use by the ticket holder only.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before 19h00
- You will remain in a waiting room and allowed access once we have checked you have a valid ticket and you are on the guest list
- Please turn your video on so we can CONNECT face to face.
- Please keep your audio off unless you are speaking.
- Turn your screen onto speaker view - to see the storyteller.
- Make comments, ask questions and share your thoughts on the chat.
- We will use breakout rooms for sharing and connecting.
- We will have a 5 minute leg stretch after an hour.
We look forward to your presence and participation at this event.
Trudy Blake & Charissa Balman
|Age restriction||No under 13s|
|Refund policy||No refunds|