Classical Evenings with a Twist JHB
Lay out your blanket, unroll your butcher paper, unwrap your spread and enjoy a Picnic in the Park!Over Mother's Day weekend, Riversands Farm Village will be filled with sublime sounds as Vivaldi's Four Seasons wafts through the late summer evening warmth with a 20 piece orchestra enacted with a crescendo of red dust and contemporary dance. Classical Evening with a Twist, presented by Picnics in the Park, will take place on Saturday 7 May 2016.
Pendo, a 12-year-old violinist and a third generation string player, will open the evening. Like any aspiring young musician, Pendo takes part in music competitions and eisteddfods. In 2015 he was a finalist in the SAMRO Hubert van der Spuy Competition (national), 2nd prize in his age category of the Philip H Moore Competition (national) and overall Best String Player 12 years and under (SASMT Eisteddfod - Johannesburg). He was also chosen to perform as soloist with the Rand Symphony, the Johannesburg Symphony and the Johannesburg Festival Orchestras.
Classical Evening with a Twist will be conducted by Kutlwano Masote, who has focused mainly on cross-cultural repertoire and projects. In 2007 he conducted the Todd Matshikiza Retrospective Concert at the State Theatre. During the MIAGI Festival of 2008, Masote conducted the world-premier Coming Home, a jazz gospel cantata by Isak Roux. Some of the artists he has conducted include Khuli Chana, Sibongile, DJ Kent, Lira and Simphiwe Dana. His international collaborations include conducting Brazilian musician Gilberto Gil (2011) and the Philharmonia Moments Musicaux from Taiwan (2010).
The event will consist of a themed Picnic, with activities for you and the kids, a Food Market and our #PiP Bar. Just bring yourself and a picnic basket, or purchase from our vendors and sit back, relax and enjoy a Picnic in the Park!
12:00 Park Opens for #PiP's
16:00 Tuning of the instruments
17:00 Performance Pendo Masote
18:00 Performance Vivaldi's Four Seasons
22:00 Park Closes
Please note we are inviting a Special Needs School and a Home for the Elderly, seating will only be allocated for the elderly.
Picnic Baskets: http://picnicsinthepark.co/pip-basket-orders/
Playscapes at Riversands Farm Village: This area is not managed by us and there is a R25 fee for children.
STAY in TOUCH on our Facebook Page
The “Picnics in the Park” Series is a compilation of twelve themed outdoor events, held annually, aimed at communities and families. Each event is designed to provide a multi-sensory day by utilising the five senses of sight, sound, taste, smell and touch, therefor delivering a more memorable and creative experience for event attendees.
- It is a series of themed Picnic Environments created for you to enjoy with your family and friends.
- This is a family event, open to all ages.
- Children under 2 must just register when purchasing tickets on the Quicket site.
- You must be aged 18 years or over to purchase tickets to this event.
- Children aged 13-17 year olds are permitted to attend when accompanied by an adult.
- Children aged 18 years and under must be accompanied by a ticket holding adult throughout the event, limited to a maximum of two children per adult.
- Passport / ID Book
- Drivers License
- A smile
- A picnic blanket, remember to bring a waterproof one!
- These are outdoor events, prepare for all weather conditions.
- Sunhat and Sunscreen
- A picnic basket
- An outdoor umbrella, but you may NOT place it so it impedes on another persons view or directly in front of the screen
- A LOW camping chair
- 1 cooler box / basket per family / couple
- Please remember no glass in any shape or form, so tin or plastic.
- No, unfortunately not, due to regulations we have had to update this Policy (10 February 2016).
- You are more then welcome to purchase from the #PiP bar
- Any camping equipment such as tables or gazebos.
- Glass in any shape or form.
- The Kitchen Sink
- Any drugs or legal highs.
- Dogs, accept for Guide Dogs.
- Hubbly Bubbly or pipes of any kind.
- Smoking is only allowed outside and not in any enclosed areas.
- Picnics in the Park are advertised as outdoor events i.e. a greenfield site , no roof!
- We do set up stretch tents at our events along the edges of the field in case of rain storms, but we can not cover the entire area, we then might as well hire a hall :)
- There are lots of shade around the venue, but as you can well imagine, we can not place this in front of the screen, you wont be able to see anything!
- Yes there are trees and we set up tents along the edges of the field.
- Bring sunscreen and a hat!
I’ve recently had an operation and would like to bring a chair?
- Full routing information for traveling will be available closer to the event via social media.
- Parking is free, Full details on car parks will be available closer to the event via social media. In some instances Parking fees might be charged pending on the venue.
We support People with Special needs and ther right to equal access. We provide a complimentary “Carer” Ticket to guest who may be wheelchair bound, or with Special Needs, to our events. Please note this is a greenfield site / outdoor venue and we do our best to make it comfortable for you.
Disabled Access and Carers Tickets
Guest are required to purchase their Special Needs Tickets from Quicket to register their details. We will provide you with a Carer ticket so you can enjoy the event in comfort.
Disabled Facilities at Picnics in the Park:
Viewing Platform: At some of our events we might have a Viewing platform for wheelchair patrons. Please note that space in this area is limited and we operate a strict 1+1 policy to access this area. However, please bear in mind that priority in this area is given to wheelchair users / patrons with disabilities and should the area become extremely busy carers may be required to move off or move to the back of the platform to make room for additional wheelchairs. Please note outdoor viewing platforms are not covered; please be prepared for all weather conditions.
Accessible Toilets: Where possible, an accessible toilet should be located beside each of the viewing platform and its use is restricted to disabled patrons. There will also be accessible toilets at the events and located at the Medical Tent, you will also be able to dispose of medical waste here. Please note that toilet service vehicles have limited access to toilets to service them during the day due to safety issues relating to large vehicles being used around crowds. While we strive for the highest standards and employ cleaners as well as servicing vehicles, we ask you to please bear in mind this is not a sanitized environment.
Accessible Car Parking: The disabled day car park is the closest public car park to site but please bear in mind that it is still some distance from the event entrance. information will be sent out in advance to pre-registered customers. Spaces will be available to attendees who have pre-registered to use the facility. Please note car parking passes will not be issued until approx. 1 week prior to the event.
The scheme and disabled facilities are not open to those with temporary injuries such as broken bones, healing wounds and women who are pregnant. There are Medical and Welfare facilities on site that are available to everyone. Our on-site medics are equipped to provide first aid assistance, attend to minor casualties and resuscitations.
Stewards and security are also on hand and where possible can offer to help and support you if you are unwell or require assistance.
If you are planning on arriving at the event using public transport while having a temporary impairment please note that the drop off point may be some distance from the event entrance.
- No unauthorised buses, coaches or trucks will be allowed on site.
- You give your express consent to your actual/ simulated likeness to be included for no fee within any audio or visual recording to be used in any media for any purpose at any time. This includes filming by Picnics in the Park or security staff which may be carried out for the security of customers and/or the prevention of crime.
- Do not buy tickets, wristbands or goods from unlawful street traders/touts. They are invalid.
- Goods using unauthorised event logos and unauthorised professional recording equipment will be confiscated
- No trading allowed within the venue without the Organisers prior consent.
- Artists and billed attractions may be subject to change.
- These Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) incorporate, and should be read together with, any Vendor’s and/or Agent’s T&Cs or regulations, which you can obtain from the point of purchase from the Official Agent.
- Refunds of booking fees per ticket are subject to the T&Cs of the point of sale.
- A minimum of the face value of the ticket will be refunded.
- Refunds should be obtained from the point of purchase
- Refunds are only considered on major cancellation, substantial alteration or by special exception determined by the promoter.
- Picnics in the Park is unable to accept any liability for personal or property damages, losses (including confiscations) or injuries sustained at this event other than caused as a result of our negligence.
- Children aged 17 years and under must be accompanied by a ticket holding adult, limited to a maximum of two children per adult.
- You must be aged 18 years or over to purchase tickets to this event
TICKETS AND WRISTBANDS
- All wristbands remain the property of the Promoter until 5pm the day after the last day of the event.
- You are responsible for your ticket prior to entering the event.
- Tickets cannot be used as part of any marketing, media or sales promotion, without the prior written consent of the promoter.
- The promoter will not issue duplicate tickets for lost or stolen tickets.
- You are responsible for your wristband. Damaged/Tampered wristbands will be refused entry into the event.
- Tickets must be valid, presented in full, with stubs and not tampered with (in the event of accidental damage, refer to point of purchase prior to event). Tickets remain the property of Picnics in the Park.
- Tickets must be exchanged for a wristband on first entry at a wristband exchange. There is no re-admission on day tickets or day wristbands. Tickets/wristbands purchased from unauthorised sources will be rendered invalid and refused admission.
- Tickets are non-transferable and only valid when purchased from official agents of the promoter.
- Anti-social behaviour may lead to eviction. Please act responsibly.
- Any person carrying illegal items or carrying out illegal activity will be reported to SAPS and refused entry.
- Any item(s), reasonably considered for use as a weapon, which may cause danger, offence or disruption to any other person, will be confiscated.
- You may be body/bag searched at the entrances, on the site or when leaving.
- The promoter reserves the right to evict a customer without refund, and/or refuse admission.
- Throwing gas, aerosol or similar canisters/containers on to fires is extremely dangerous and will lead to eviction.
- It is illegal for an over 18 to purchase alcohol on the behalf of under 18s.
- Under 18’s are not permitted to bring alcohol or to purchase alcohol on site.
- Anyone resisting the confiscation of disallowed items or disregarding these conditions will face eviction.
- Excessive amounts of food, cigarettes and alcohol. Only bring enough for personal consumption.
- 4 cans of beer/cider per person or soft drinks bottles (up to 500ml) are permitted to be brought into the event only once the bars onsite are closed.
- Gas canisters, aerosols over 250ml, airhorns, fireworks, flares, glass, illegal substances, drugs, ‘legal highs’, laser equipment/pens, megaphones, nitrous oxide, sky or ‘chinese’ lanterns, sound systems, spray cans, tabards/high viz jackets, drones. Cans, disposable BBQs, campsite stoves, flag poles, umbrellas.
FIRE AND SAFETY
- The use of drones or similar equipment for any reason is strictly forbidden onsite without written permission from the Picnics in the Park.
- Pyrotechnics, lasers, smoke machines, strobe lighting/special effects may take place during some events.
- Excessive exposure to loud music may cause damage to your hearing.
- The use of disposable BBQ’s and permitted cooking stoves are only permitted in designated BBQ areas (Gas BBQ’s are not permitted).
- Smoking including electronic cigarettes is not permitted in enclosed public spaces or buildings.
- The burning of plastics, bedding, tents, furniture etc. is not permitted anywhere onsite.
- Fires are not permitted anywhere onsite.
- No animals, other than guide or hearing dogs, are permitted on site.
- Please use the bins and recycling points provided on and off site.
INFORMATION & NOTIFICATION
For ticketing enquiries please contact www.quicket.co.za
For special needs ticketing enquiries please contact – [email protected]
For non-ticketing related enquiries contact – [email protected]
|Refund policy||Refunds allowed (view policy)|