Chicks Who Trail Weekend Long Run #willrunforbeer
We're taking our Wednesday Run format and applying it to a Saturday 'longer' run. So to elaborate - on Sat 8 May, we're doing a longer run from Aegir Project in Noordhoek.
As per Wednesday runs, we will split into three groups, medium pace, social pace and beginner pace. Unlike Wednesday Runs though, Weekend Longer Runs have a small fee. The fee is in place to ensure accountabilty (last thing we want is to organise a rad weekend run, and have everyone send the classic, 'my alarm didn't go off' on the Sat morning, while we've all planned our lives to be there! Second reason is that it supports and buys you a lukka, locally crafted Aegir Project beer. If beer isn't your thang, you can get yourself a soft drink.
Cost is R70 and includes an Aegir Project draught post run! The idea is to run and then relax (in an outdoor, happy, healthy environment) for a bit of a chinwag and catch up. It is capped at 50 womxn to ensure COVID-compliant.
Basic route & Info:
- Bring appropriate gear, nutrition and water (and basic first aid kit)
- This run includes beach, trail, climbing and tar. It might only be 12/15km in distance, but it's a beast.
- Capped at 50 womxn - so first 50 to buy a ticket score.
- No refunds, but you're welcome to find a substitute before the event if you can't make it.
- COVID compliance protocol are in place, and you will be expected to complete screening prior to running
- R70 gets you a single Aegir Project draught (several to choose from). If you don't drink alcohol, this can be replaced with soft drink. All additional drinks/food will be at your own cost.
Date: Sat, 8 May
Where: Aegir Project, Noordhoek
Start Time: Beginners: 07:30, Social, 08:00, Medium, 08:30
Total distance: 12km
Duration: Mediums +- 2.5hours, Social +- 3hours, Beginner's +- 3.5hours (Pls note - these are estimates)
Start with a gentle trot down to Noordhoek Beach from Aegir Project and a lap on the sand to warm up the calves.
Turn and head up off beach, over Chapmans Peak Drive and onto trail that heads up to Chapman's Peak. Tag that shit.
Follow trail down to the saddle, and all the way down to Chapman's Peak Drive. Head back towards Noordhoek via the smooth ass tar of Chapman's Peak Drive, turning back down the sneaky single track which drops you onto the beach. End with a cheeky tar climb up to Aegir from the beach.
|Refund policy||No refunds|