Guest House Management Course
3-Day Intensive Guest House Management Course
Join us on this amazing 3-day guest guest management course, designed to assist both the aspiring and current B&B, guest house or boutique hotel owner or manager to successfully manage their businesses and increase profits.
What will you learn from this guest house management course?
This course is packed with practical topics that will enable you to make sound and impactful decisions in your business. You will learn the following:
- You will learn how how to start a successful guest house/ B&B business in Southern Africa
- The legislation regarding owning a guest house
- Basic management principles
- Sales & Marketing for small accommodation establishments
- Facilities management
- Tools to increase occupancy and revenue
- Basic financial management
- How to position and price your guest house
- Competitor analysis and market research
- How to work with Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) and other booking agencies and dealing with other suppliers
- A winning website
- The importance of delivering excellent customer service
- Staying ahead of your competition
- The role of a guest house manager
- Monitoring check-ins and managing housekeeping and food & beverage departments
- Dealing with customer complaints and responding to enquiries
- Security, health and safety
- Excellent customer service
- Pre-opening checklist for establishments not yet opened.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for both the prospective and current bed and breakfast owners, guest house owners and boutique hotel owners as well as managers. If you are planning to open and manage your very own establishment or you are already in the game, this course is for you.
Overview of the Bed & Breakfast / Guest House Management Workshop
Our Bed & Breakfast Owners Workshop is designed to prepare you for the challenges of running a professional and successful B&B or Guesthouse business. Whether you are new to the B&B industry or a long time owner or manager, this workshop will teach you the strategies that characterize a professional B&B and how to incorporate them into your own business.
For Prospective Bed & Breakfast Owners
As a prospective B&B owner, the workshop will help you examine your personal set of circumstances and make an informed decision about whether you, your family, your home and your bank balance are ready to enter the Bed & Breakfast, Guest House or Boutique Hotel industry. Ideal for people who wish to run hospitality establishments in South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique, Malawi, Angola, Namibia, Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda.
For Existing Bed & Breakfast Owners
As an existing B&B/ Guest House owner/ manager, the workshop will teach you how to effectively manage, operate and market your hospitality business on a day to day basis. It will also assist you in evaluating your current B&B practices with a view to running an efficient, professional and profitable business.
Includes accommodation for 4 nights, airport shuttle from OR Tambo Airport, classroom style training for 3 days including refreshments and a Certificate of Attendance
Terms and Conditions:
50% Payment is required to secure booking, then balance 1 month before the event. Space is limited to only 30 people per workshop.
This course will be facilitated by experienced hospitality professionals.
|Age restriction||No under 18s|
|Refund policy||Refunds allowed (view policy)|