Intro to yoga course
Through the ancient practice of yoga, you will be given a tool to heal & strengthen your body; bring clarity of mind, and encourage an overall calmer disposition within your life. We, at The Art of Movement, have found that these benefits can be experienced in several forms of yoga, but we are particularly passionate about sharing yoga in its absolute fullness. We will teach yoga poses, as well as yogic philosophies, yogic breathing & meditation.
In this 4 weeks introductory course, you will be exposed to the fundamental philosophies & different approaches of the four yoga styles that we encourage. On completion of this course, we guarantee that you will be able to join any of our existing classes with confidence. Furthermore, you will have ease of mind knowing you are going to a style of yoga that works best with your style & needs. Once you know where you are at, you can begin a steady yoga practice, enhancing your quality of life through the timeless effects of yoga.
28 March - 25 April (Every Sunday)
* Please note: There will be no class on Easter Sunday (4th April)
8:00 - 9:00am (arrive 15 minutes before class starts)
101 Barry Hertzog Ave, Emmarentia
R400 for the full course
In this 4-week beginners yoga course you will learn:
1) The traditional yoga poses strengthen, balance & heal.
2) Yogic breathing techniques to balance energy & emotions
3) Meditation techniques to gain mastery over the mind
4) Yogic philosophy - sharing the ancient wisdom passed down from guru to student through the ages.
5) Yoga Nidra to help you gain deep levels of rest for maximum healing.
Am I suitable for this?
This course is perfect if you are:
- Above the age of 14. No maximum age limit.
- Have no experience of yoga.
- Confused about what yoga is all about, and keen to know a little bit more.
- Not sure which style of yoga is right for you.
- Are not in tip-top shape. You don't have to worry about your strength & flexibility. That will come over time.
- Have some medical conditions - we can customize each of the poses to accommodate you. Please let us know in advance.
What should I bring/wear?
- Bring a little sweat towel, water if you like, and a smile.
- Wear Anything comfortable and something warm for the end.
- [email protected]
- 0114860638 | 0766863280
|Age restriction||No under 13s|
|Refund policy||No refunds|