Ultra-Trail Cape Town 2021
UTCT presents four trail races of 100km, 65km, 35km and 21km that traverse the mountains of the beautiful Cape Peninsula. The host city Cape Town is a world-class destination that features highly on any 'must visit' list.
The City is shaped by two oceans and Table Mountain National Park, a dramatic mountain chain that stretches from Table Bay in the north to Cape Point in the south.
The races traverse sections of Table Mountain, Lion’s Head, Signal Hill, Orangekloof, Llandudno, Hout Bay, the Constantia Winelands, upper slopes of Kirstenbosch Nature Reserve and Devil's Peak, which form part of the iconic natural world heritage site and one of the new Natural Seven Wonders of the World.
All four races consist of technical terrain with steep ascents and descents. Weather can vary drastically with near sub-zero temperatures in the early morning on top of Table Mountain to 30 degrees plus during the latter part of the day.
Participants are reminded that the UTCT races are genuine mountain excursions, necessary care and respect must be taken when running within Table Mountain National Park and surrounds
Stay at the beautiful President Hotel on the Atlantic Seaboard, the promenade on your doorstep, Clifton Beach and the V&A Waterfront to either side. Airport transfers and race village shuttles all included.
Support to get you to the Finish Line
Strategic support from when you sign up, Wednesday route run on Table Mountain with experienced runners and elites, Friday evening race strategy session, Seconding Service on Race Day with live messaging to loves ones.
Connect with UTCT’s Cape Town Community
Join Tuesday Trails for an hour’s run and a beer and the short Wednesday evening Run to the President to meet the locals, other travelling runners and grab a selfie with the elites.
Tick your Bucket List
Look down on the city bowl and Robben Island from the top of Table Mountain, drive the famous Chapman’s Peak, visit the cute penguins at Boulders beach, swim with seals or paddle in Table Bay. How about a helicopter flight to get a bird’s eye view of the race route.
Big 5 Safari
From classic soul renewing game drives and fireside chats to Big 5 walks, game runs and heart moving involved conservation experiences – an African Odyssey to suit your style.
ULTRA-TRAIL CAPE TOWN 2021
COVID-19 CANCELLATION GUARANTEES & PROCEDURES
With the pandemic forming part of our daily lives the Summit Events team has been able to prepare for and mitigate risk for participants in the event of a disruption.
- If the event cannot be hosted on the scheduled date due to COVID-19, we will set an alternative date within 4 months.
- Ensure you make flexible travel arrangements.
- If the event cannot be hosted on the alternative date, the race will be cancelled and runners will receive a guaranteed 70% refund (or 40% if a 2020 entrant).
- There will be no deferrals for 2021 entrants.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS FOR DEFERRALS FROM 2020
Participants who have deferred from 2020 will get a rollover entry (plus administration fees of R250) to the 2021 event.
- If you no longer wish to take part in the 2021 event, you may request your 40% refund.
- If the event has to be moved to an alternative date (within 4 months) your deferred entry will be valid.
- If the event has to be cancelled again your entry will be valid for 2022.
- If you do not wish to continue with the deferral option for 2022 you may cancel your entry as per the 2020 Policy and receive a 40% entry fee return.
2021 ENTRY CANCELLATION REFUNDS:
If a runner wishes to cancel their entry, Summit Events requires written confirmation on or before the following dates to [email protected]
- 60% - before 01 July (applicable to 2021 entries only).
- 50% - from 02 July to 01 September (applicable to 2021 entries only).
- 40% - from 02 September to 01 October (applicable to all entries).
- 30% - from 02 October to 30 October (applicable to all entries).
- 0% - from 01 November (applicable to all entries).
- No substitutions allowed.
- No deferrals - except in medical cases relating to non-musculoskeletal conditions where, in the opinion of your doctor, you are instructed not to run on health grounds. We will only accept medical certificates emailed directly to the organisation from your doctor. A deferral is valid for 1 year only. Certificates need to reach UTCT by 07 November.
??You may downgrade (eg. 100km to 65km) at any time before 07 November provided that the respective race is not sold out. No partial refunds for downgrading.
You may upgrade your event eg. from 35km to 65km provided that the respective race is not sold out. You will need to cover the difference in the entry fee on the given date.
Please note: If you are travelling to Cape Town for UTCT 2021, please ensure your travel bookings are flexible and can be changed with minimal or no costs.