Virtual Cook-Along with Fry's and Chef, Jay Mac (16 March 2021)
Join us for our FREE live interactive cook-along event featuring Chef Jay Mac! You’ll learn how to cook easy, delicious and nourishing plant-based dishes that your whole family will love (even the meat-lovers). All attendees stand a chance of winning a copy of Tammy Fry’s new cookbook, ‘Made with Love and Plants’! Tickets are limited, so make sure you book your spot soon.
Date: 16 March 2021
Times: 18:30 – 19:30
About Chef Jay Mac:
Jason McNamara is a local vegan advocate and chef who founded The Kind Kitchen. Jay gained his skills in vegan culinary arts at The Natural Epicurean Academy of Culinary Arts in Austin, Texas. To accommodate the growing demand for his vegan food, Jay crowd-funded his first café and deli in mid-2018.
Menu for the day:
Starter Meal - Cheesy Meatballs
- 1x Fry's Meatballs
- 1x 200g vegan cheddar block, grated
- 2 cups veg stock
Main Meal - Prawn Style Banh Mi Sando's
- 1x Fry's Prawn style pieces
- Bwell cooking oil
- 4 long crusty bread rolls/baguettes
- 150g pack lettuce, shredded
- 10g pack Fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 gherkins, sliced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 cups cabbage (mixed red&white), shredded
- 1 ripe avocado (optional)
- 1 red chilli (optional)
Pink Sauce Ingredients
- 125g (1/2 cup) Bwell gourmet mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha /sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp Maggies Worcestershire sauce (Be aware that some worcester sauces aren't vegan and have anchovies)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
Equipment needed: A blender
Please ensure you have all the ingredients prepared, diced, etc before the session starts.
Do not forget to have your ingredients on hand for the live event.
See you there!
|Age restriction||Family friendly|
|Refund policy||No refunds|