PRACTICE WALK 5 - BETTY'S BAY (CHANGED FROM KLEINMOND HARBOUR)
- Theme: #ILoveHermanus - supporting the 11 charities of L2L 2021
- Route: Denys Heesom coastal trail starting point in Otter Close, Betty’s Bay – Dawid’s Kraal bay beach – coastal path around Stony Point – Silversands Bay – Sea Farm Private Nature reserve- back to Denys Heesom trail point
- Distance: 22km
- Time: 7 hours
- Terrain: Fynbos trail path, sandy beach, rocky footpaths, soft sand dunes
- Rest stops: Betty’s Bay main beach
- Meeting point: parking lot in Otter street, near starting point of Denys Heesom coastal trail @ 7h00
Lighthouse2Lighthouse ladies' (NPO 169-860) is a non-profit organisation focused on raising funds for charities in the Overstrand community. We have raised just over R5million since 2006 and, in doing so, helped more than 20 charities in our community.
Hermanus Child and Family Services is our main beneficiary for 2021. They are raising funds toward the purchase and upgrade of a home in Zwelihle / Mount Pleasant for the intake and care of additional vulnerable children in the cluster foster care scheme.
Overstrand Hospice is our secondary beneficiary for 2021. They are raising funds toward 2 cars that will be used for home visits to provide palliative care in the Overstrand Municipal area.
The monies raised by the practice walks will be shared among the 11 remaining charities - see our website for more information - http://lighthouse2lighthouse.co.za/charities_new/.
L2L Virtual Practice Walks
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted everyone - especially the non-profit and charity organisations in the Overstrand. To this end, L2L has introduced the Virtual Practice Walk Series (VPW) to raise additional funds so that money can be raised for all the applicants for 2021.
Thank you for your support. Your contribution will make a difference!
|Age restriction||Family friendly|
|Refund policy||No refunds|