LU4C 50for50 Challenge
Irafaan Abrahams, co-founder of Lace up for Change, has taken up his greatest challenge yet. Running 50 half marathons during 2021 with the aim of raising funds to provide school shoes for 50 schools across South Africa. If that isn’t amazing enough, the idea was born on his 50th birthday.
To support Irafaan on his ambitious fundraising journey this year, Lace up for Change has put together a virtual run series. We challenge all runners and walkers to Lace Up For Change and join us in building up 21 km in mileage every month.
The LU4C 50For50 Challenge Virtual Run series will take place from March 2021 - June 2021.
- The fee for each monthly half marathon is R150 - this equals a pair of school shoes for a child in need. Or save some money and buy an entry for the full series at a discounted rate of R500 (for all 4 months)
- Each entry is eligible for monthly spot prizes.
- Enter at least 3 of the 4 races, purchase a LU4C T-Shirt stand a chance of winning a R10 000 Prescient Unit Trust account in your name. T & C's apply - please see the Terms and Conditions Link Above.
- Purchase a limited edition LU4C 50For50 Challenge short sleeve Running t-shirt at a discounted rate of R200 (normally R250) and automatically get entered into the draw for our Grand Prize. (Please see the #50For50 T-Shirts Tab above to view the T-Shirts)
- Purchase a limited edition LU4C 50For50 Challenge Buff for R80 and automatically get entered into the draw for our Spot Prizes. (Please see the #50For50 T-Shirts Tab above to view the Buff)
- Collection points for merchandise available in Rondebosch, Kenwyn, Walmer Estate, Mitchells Plain & Bay View
- A delivery fee of R75 applied to deliveries within a 50km radius of the Cape Town CBD
- For deliveries outside of the 50KM radius, a LU4C representative will be in contact to make the necessary arrangements.
Follow us on social media for details about our spot prizes and winners as well as our Grand Prize to end the series.
Terms and Conditions:1. The Lace Up For Change 50For50 Challenge virtual run series will commence on 1 March 2021 and finish on 30 June 2021.
2. There are no age or location restrictions for entry.
3. Travel expenses for winners of prizes that are only redeemable in Cape Town will be for the winners own account. Prizes that can be couriered will be delivered to winners outside of Cape Town.
3. Eligible entries for monthly spot prizes will go into a draw and winners randomly selected.
4. To be eligible for monthly spot prizes:
- 4.1. Enter a half marathon in the run series. (You will only qualify for the draw for the month for which you purchase an entry)
- 4.2. Follow Lace up for Change on Facebook and/or Instagram.
- 4.3. Post a picture of you on your run during that month and upload to Facebook and/or Instagram). Tag Lace up for Change and use the following hashtags:
5. Entrants who qualify for the Grand Prize will be selected by our judges and a final winner will be voted on by the public on Facebook.
6. To be eligible for the Grand Prize:
- 6.1. Enter atleast 3 of the 4 virtual runs in the series.
- 6.2. Purchase a 50For50 challenge t-shirt
- 6.3. Follow Lace up for Change on Facebook and/or Instagram.
- 6.4. Post a picture of you on your run any time during the series wearing your 50For50 Challenge t-shirt and upload to Facebook and/or Instagram. Tag Lace up for Change and use the following hashtags:
7. Entrants will be given up to 7 days into the following month to post on Facebook and/or Instagram.
8. Winners will be announced on the 10th day of the following month.
9. All decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Winners accept and use their prizes at their own risk.
11. Winners who do not collect their prize within 5 days upon notification, forfeit their prize and a new winner will be chosen.
- All entrants undertake to participate in this event at their own risk.
- Lace Up For Change and event support cannot be held liable for any illness, injury or loss during the Lace Up For Change 50For50 Challenge.
- Licensed athletes are not covered by Athletics South Africa accident insurance and the event does not have public liability or injury cover.
- By participating in the Lace Up For Change 50For50 Challenge, you agree to ensure that you comply with the government of South Africa’s COVID-19 regulations.
- It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with the applicable laws and permitted conduct.
- Please note that the Lace Up For Change 50For50 Challenge is organized within the realm of the applicable laws in relation to the National Lockdown in the Republic of South Africa
|Age restriction||Family friendly|
|Refund policy||No refunds|