2021 World Knowledge Olympiad for primary schools (Gr 6 & 7 learners)
THIS IS WHERE YOU ENTER PRIMARY SCHOOL LEARNERS FOR THE 2021 WORLD KNOWLEDGE OLYMPIAD.
IF YOU ARE ENTERING LEARNERS IN GRADES 8 TO 12 THEN PLEASE CLICK HERE
- The first round of the 2021 World Knowledge Olympiad (for primary schools) will be available in a PAPER BASED format only.
- Question papers will be emailed to schools on Friday 7 May.
- Individual schools are responsible for printing the question papers emailed to them.
- The Olympiad can be written on any day between Monday 10 and Friday 14 May at a time convenient to the school.
- Teachers are asked to ensure that the Olympiad is invigilated and written under exam conditions.
- 45 minutes is allowed for the writing of the Olympiad.
- Scripts are to be marked by teachers (or learners) and scores submitted (via email to the WKO office) using the spreadsheet which will be provided.
- Scores must reach the WKO office by midday on Friday 21 May.
- Top performers from the first round will be invited to take part in the final round.
- The final round will take place in an online format.
- The provisional date for the final round is Tuesday 3 August.
- The cost of entry is dependent on the number of learners you enter (see below).
- There is no additional fee for those invited to participate in the final round.
- The first round is available in a choice of English or Afrikaans. The final round will take place in English only.
- Each learner that participates in the World Knowledge Olympiad will receive a personalised certificate (digital)
- The top 10 performers in each grade receive a special certificate of recognition
- The top 3 performers in each grade will receive a cash prize (1st place = R700, 2nd place = R400, 3rd place = R200)
- Teachers entering learners into the Olympiad will receive a certificate of recognition and be entered into a lucky draw.
- NOTE: It is our preference for schools to enter their learners but where schools choose not to take part in WKO, parents may enter their children to take part.
Cost of entry
- For 1 - 39 learners the cost is R20 per learner plus a booking fee of R5 = R25 per learner
- for 40 - 79 learners there is a combined fee of R800 plus a booking fee of R5 = R805
- for 80 or more learners there is a combined fee of R1200 plus a booking fee of R5 = R1205
The following payment methods are accepted:
- credit card
- SnapScan or Zapper
- EFT (an invoice is emailed to you by Quicket and you will have 2 weeks to make payment)
Past papers and helpful tips for preparing for the Olympiad can be found here
Financial assistance and further information
For more information, or to enquire about financial assistance to enter the World Knowledge Olympiad, please email [email protected].
ARE YOU READY TO ENTER YOUR LEARNERS AND CHALLENGE THEM TO TEST THEIR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AGAINST THE REST OF THE COUNTRY?
THEN CLICK ON THE GREEN "TICKETS" BUTTON AND ENTER!
|Refund policy||No refunds|