MCSA National Mini Camp 2021
ANNOUNCING MCSA MINI CAMP 2021!
MCSA Paarl-Wellington is excited to invite you to the Mountain Club of South Africa's National Mini Camp for 2021, hosted in the Hawequas (meaning “Man in the Mountain”) mountains close to Wellington in the Cape. Mini Camp is happening from 4-10 October.
Base camp will be set up at the Hawequas Scouts Adventure Centre. The Paarl/Wellington area is known for its heritage and several cultural walks are planned. Various family-friendly hikes (see below) will start from the Adventure Centre and for the more adventurous we’ll link up with other trails.
Some of the planned Hikes on the calendar include:
- Pic Blanc
- Eerste Tol to Tweede Tol (Bainskloof)
- Gawie se Water
- Dutoitskloof Peak
- Felixberg Traverse
- Klein Drakensteinkop
- Botanic Walk @ Hawequas with John Wilson
- Walk to Uplands Organic Farm for Wine Tasting
Every evening we will get together for a bring and braai and share the experiences of the day, followed by a briefing on the following day's hikes. On the last evening we will conclude with a spit braai to celebrate the epic adventures of Mini Camp.
The Adventure Centre is fully compliant with COVID protocols and participants can choose either camping or dorm accommodation with (spaced) bunks.
- Permit fees MCSA Members @ R100 pp for the whole week (once-off)
- Permit fees non-MCSA Members @ R190 pp for the whole week
- Day visitors @ R30 pp per day
- Camping @ R75 pp per night
- Bunk beds @ R120 pp per night
- Annual Dinner (Lamb spit braai with roast veg, salads & breads + Dessert) @ R280 per person.
Note that children 0-11 are half price (see ticket prices for details) for accommodation and the Annual Dinner.
The Annual MCSA Dinner will be a smart/casual event and takes place on the last night of camp, Saturday evening.
A day pass is available to accommodate members residing locally. Day visitors have access to facilities during the day and are welcome to join for the braai and kuier in the evening.
We invite all members of the MCSA to join us for this wonderful camp.
See you at Hawequas!
|Age restriction||Family friendly|
|Refund policy||Refunds allowed (view policy)|