STORYLAB UNPLUGGED STORYTELLING - Overcoming
This STORYLAB Unplugged Storytelling Event will celebrate our ability to overcome.
We all have an incredible resilience to survive challenges and arrive on the other side stronger.
In all of us there is a story of OVERCOMING - a story that will inspire others.
STORYLAB Storytelling Events are an opportunity for people to connect and hear stories being told by seasoned storytellers.
Each storyteller will share a part of their life that has been a struggle, a stretch and had a significant impact on their lives.
Their ability to convey their story is because they have worked through and overcome their challenge and are able to release their story.
All with the hope that others may listen, learn and find strength to unlock their own story of overcoming.
We have four speakers whose lives have been transformed because of what they overcame, how they chose to process what happened and because of their ability to share what happened.
You will CONNECT with others, their stories and your story.
Something will IGNITE inside of the storyteller as they share and it will intern ignite something in you.
In living through their story - each storyteller has TRANSFORMED and so will you as it will have a profound effect on you after this event.
You will leave feeling inspired, empowered and touched - and will feel ready to RELEASE your story.
THE VENUE & PROGRAM
- A beautiful, safe space in a garden setting in Constantia, Cape Town.
- Where social distancing and sanitising protocols will be strictly adhered to.
- You will settle into a comfortable chair, take a breath, embrace the moment and experience the privilege of hearing incredible stories from men and women we are honoured to have join us.
- After listening to all four stories we will have a break when we can enjoy a refreshment and time to contemplate what we have heard and interact with the storytellers.
- We will then have some time for reflective comments, questions and personal insights that we got from the stories we heard.
- There will be time for anyone who feels inspired to spontaneously share their unplugged story.
- An opportunity for you to release something inside that you have OVERCOME and feel ready to share it.
EXPECTATIONS OF THIS STORYLAB UNPLUGGED STORYTELLING EVENT
- 4 incredible stories by our storytellers.
- 2 unplugged storytellers - a chance for you to tell your story if inspired to.
- Time for reflection, interaction and conversation with the storytellers.
- The event will be managed by two experienced coaches and facilitators.
- A special gift.
- Refreshments & snacks.
- A safe, beautiful setting.
- Opportunity to network with others.
- STORYLAB is committed to supporting U-Turn an innovative non-profit that equips the homeless with skills to overcome homelessness.
- A portion of the ticket price will be given to them.
As a guest we ask the following of you:
- Come with an open heart, curious to learn, grow and connect.
- Respect and treat all that you hear with compassion and confidentiality.
- Bring a small notebook to journal you thoughts after each story.
- Arrive in a mask and respect our efforts to keep you safe.
- Please arrive at 9.00 for a prompt start at 9.30
We look forward to your presence and participation at this event.
Trudy Blake & Charissa Balman
|Age restriction||No under 13s|
|Refund policy||Refunds allowed (view policy)|