OFFICIAL PRACTICE WALK (2) - GROTTO (changed from DE KELDERS)
OFFICIAL PRACTICE WALK (1) - GROTTO (changed from DE KELDERS)
- The date has changed to Saturday, 24 April 2021 (instead of Sunday, 25 April 2021)
- Children under 12 walk for free
This is the official practice walk for all walkers registered to walk the official Walk in May 2021.
- Theme: Determined by Overstrand Hospice (#WeLoveHermanus)
- Route: Leave from Grotto Beach, Hermanus; walk towards De Kelders, Cape Nature Reserve, along Walker Bay beach; turn at 3km to complete 6km; or walk further (to Sopie's Klip or further) to complete 12km or walk another 3km to turn back and complete 18km.
- Distance: 6km | 12km | 18km
- Time: 5-6 hours
- Terrain: Gravel path, sandy beach
- Rest stops: Sopie's Klip
- Meeting point: Grotto beach parking lot (to register) | registration from 6:30am
*Please note that the tide table has been taken into consideration to determine the date of this walk
The Official Practice Walk is hosted as a fundraising opportunity for the Overstrand Hospice, as voted for by all the registered L2L walkers. A fixed amount from each L2L Walker will be donated (included in their Entry fee ) towards this runner-up charity’s fundraiser.
A few things to remember:
- This is a full day hike - please bring along your own water (3L), snacks and lunch
- There is no fresh water along the route
- Ensure you are protected against sunburn
- Wear your comfortable hiking shoes - gaiters are recommended (protects against sand in shoes)
- In your backpack you might also bring a rain jacket / poncho / small first aid kit / sun hat / costume / small towel / toilet paper or tissues / bags for rubbish
A fixed amount of the registration fee of each registered Lighthouse 2 Lighthouse walker will also be donated towards the secondary beneficiary. The event is advertised in local media who encourage the local community to come and support this initiative.
|Age restriction||Family friendly|
|Refund policy||No refunds|