Craft Club Meet Up: Crochet Circle
Cape Town Craft Club's Monthly Meet Ups are aimed at getting creative people in the city together to craft in a chilled, fun and judgement-free space once a month. Each month we will focus on a different craft and spend the morning chatting, drinking, and making something just for the fun of it. This session is hosted by fibre artist and teacher Andie Reeves.
For October's Meet Up we'll be having a crochet circle! Bring your yarn and hooks, whatever crochet project you like, and spend the morning at Artsauce with other crocheters of all levels.
While you are welcome to bring any project you want, this month we are focusing on amigurumi; the art of making extremely cute crochet toys. Andie will be providing guidance on how to start your own amigurumi project, and her library of amigurumi patterns will be available for attendees to use.
Join if you
- want to meet other cool people who make stuff
- want to learn how to read amigurumi/crochet patterns
- want to commit to making time to be creative and make more
- would like to work amongst others who inspire and encourage you
- are keen to join a community of local makers
- crave a creative outlet from your regular job
- just want to spend some time creating something beautiful with your hands