Fordsburg History (and, of course, FOOD) walking tour.
We explore the history of one of the first suburbs to be surveyed to the west of town.
The evolution of Fordsburg can be divided into 3 different era's. We discuss the highlights and hardships of each one.
And then, of course, there is ample time to grab some food at one of the many eateries.
Points of interest on route:
1 Hamidia Mosque (Linking to Ghandi's resistance movement)
2. "Oumagrootjie" mosaic by Hannelie Coetzee.
3. Fordsburg market square with historical buildings linked to the Rand Revolt of 1922.
4. Divine Bakery & Shalimar delights for some fantastic sweetmeats.
5. Historic Standard Bank building.
6. Shopping in the Oriental plaza, should you wish.
This is tour is about 3 hours in duration.
First coffee at the Bean Lab included.
All food and drink are excluded.
|Refund policy||No refunds|