Virtual Walk 3
The purpose of the Lighthouse2Lighthouse (L2L) virtual walks is to raise funds for the charities in the Overberg that were not selected as the main and secondary L2L beneficiaries for 2021. the proceeds of the four (4) walks will be distributed among these charities.
How it works
1. Buy your ticket - anyone can participate.
2. Plan your walk wherever you live - we're walking on Sunday, 18 October in Hermanus in Fernkloof (22km) - you can plan a similar route in your town.
3. Track your walk using any fitness app - like Strava or FitBit or AppleWatch activity app
4. Complete a minimum of 5km over the weekend of 16 - 18 October 2020 using your app.
5. Take a screen shot of the completed activity and upload the photo to our Facebook page or Instagram page #L2LVPW2020. Uploads MUST be done within 48 hours of completing your walk.
6. Have fun and share your photos and videos along the route - always tag us #L2LVPW2020
7. Dress up according to the theme - October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Wear your favour pink outfit.
8. Once we've received confirmation of your minimum of 5km walk, then we will email your virtual L2L VPW badge to you.
Lighthouse2Lighthouse ladies' (NPO 169-860) is a non-profit organisation focused on raising funds for charities in the Overstrand community. We have raised just over R5million since 2006 and, in doing so, helped more than 20 charities in our community. The 120 ladies that walked in March 2020 were able to raise funds for the main beneficiary The Butterfly Centre (R800 000). Money was also raised for the secondary beneficiary 2020, Overstrand Hospice (R100 000) during the Official Practice Walks. An additional R65 000 was also donated to a variety of different charities including Santa Shoebox, Food4Love Hermanus, BARC Cattery and Huis Lettie Theron.
L2L Virtual Walks
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted everyone - especially the non-profit and charity organisations in the Overstrand. To this end, L2L has introduced the Virtual Practice Walk Series (VPW) to raise additional funds so that money can be raised for all the applicants for 2021.
Thank you for your support. Your contribution will make a difference!
|Age restriction||Family friendly|
|Refund policy||No refunds|