ULTRA-TRAIL® DRAKENSBERG 2021
Run South Africa's most majestic mountains.
Ultra-Trail® Drakensberg is a festival of trail running with events of 160km, 100km, 62km, 30km and 21km. All events take place within the Southern area of the internationally renowned Maloti Drakensberg World Heritage Site and large swathes of this iconic wilderness are traversed.
Incorporating and skirting some of the legendary features of the Southern Drakensberg such as Sani Pass, Twelve Apostles, Khanti Ridge, Gxalingenwa Gorge, Hodgson’s Peaks, Garden Castle, Rhino Peak and Langalibalele’s Pass, participants in Ultra-Trail® Drakensberg will experience mountain running at its very finest.
- UTD160 covers two countries and includes 72km of high altitude running up to 3482m in the mountain kingdom of Lesotho.
- UTD100 includes a climb up the infamous Sani Pass, while the
- GCU62, SDR32 and DRJ21 all cover part, or all, of the legendary Giant’s Cup Trail.
UTD is based at Sani Pass Hotel and will take place on 23 - 25 April 2021.
To learn more, visit our website:
Thursday, 22 April 2021
- 3pm - 6pm: Registration UTD160 @ Premier Resort Sani Pass
Friday, 23 April 2021
- 8am - 8:45am: Late Registration for UTD160 @ Sani Mountain Lodge
- 9am: Race Briefing UTD160 @ Sani Mountain Lodge
- 10am: Race Start UTD160 @ Sani Mountain Lodge
- 12pm - 5:30pm: Registration UTD100, GCU62, SDR32 and DRJ21 @ Premier Resort Sani Pass
- 6pm: Race Briefing UTD100, GCU62, SDR32 and DRJ21 @ Premier Resort Sani Pass
Saturday, 24 April 2021
- 5am: UTD100 Start @ SA Border Post Sani Pass Rd
- 7am: GCU62 Start @ Bushman’s Nek Hotel
- 6.30am - 7.30am: Late Registration DRJ21 @ Premier Resort Sani Pass
- 8am: DRJ21 Start @Premier Resort Sani Pass
- 12pm-1pm: Late Registration SDR32 @ Castleburn Farm
- 1.30pm: SDR32 Start @ Castleburn Farm
Sunday, 25 April 2021
- 7am: Final Cut-Off UTD160 & UTD100 @ Premier Resort Sani Pass
- 11am-To Late: Awards Lunch and After Party @ Premier Resort Sani Pass
Runcation South Africa has been very involved with UTD since before day one. They know the area, the event, the hotel, the transport companies and all the people behind all of these. They have taken charge of reducing the logistical complexity for runners and supporters, and with this, increasing the support, energy and atmosphere at the finish line.
Together with UTD and Premier Resorts Sani Pass Hotel they have set up the UTD Race Base. Designed for you to think and do very little apart from running and supporting. You roll out of bed to run, crawl back up from the finish line for a shower, and roll back down to support.
Tuesday is a public holiday, so stick around and make a proper Berg long-weekend of UTD.
ROOM PACKAGES AT SANI PASS HOTEL
Please refer to the UTD website for all the necessary information:
- Runcation will set up a trip around South Africa to suit you.
- Check out this Runcation to UTD 2021 in South Africa.
- Reach out to them at [email protected]
If you don’t want to stay at the Sani Pass Hotel Race Base, take a look at the alternative options listed at
UPGRADES AND DOWNGRADES
|Refund policy||Refunds allowed (view policy)|