Nature Plant Dye Workshop
Unlock the magical world of natural plant dye colour in this creative hands on workshop. Run over an afternoon and the following morning, we will cover an array of different techniques and methods of ecodying. Using ordinary kitchen ingredients and found garden items like flowers, leaves, spices and tea, fruit and veg, we will create two unique items of wearable art.
All participants will be sent:
· A Spotify “Plant Palette” playlist
· A recipe for botanical tea and cocktail
· A list of ingredients needed
· Beginners guide to natural dye, show and tell of plant colour, mordants and methods.
· Hands on activity – Dying a dress/top/scarf/small item with kitchen colours in a dye bath with shibori techniques.
· Hammer method mandala art demo
· Steam bundle dying with flowers and leaves
· Next day follow up session sharing our creations
· Post workshop PDF Natural Dye booklet