Cypto Asset Storage and Inheritance Online Course
Crypto and digital assets are rapidly gaining popularity as more people diversify into this new and exciting investment class.
This course provides an overview of the industry standards for storing crypto assets and ensuring heirs have access to these. It is aimed at any individual who has a substantial amount of their NET worth in crypto assets, whether a novice or professional. No prior knowledge in blockchain or cryptocurrency is required.
To institutions, this course will give an introduction to decision makers about the available storage options, or be a good refresher to technical staff. To new corporate thinking of diversifying into this asset class, it will provide a solid overview of things to keep in mind to keep these funds safe. “Separation of Power” is especially important to companies, which describes why it’s important to diversify authority over the assets to more than one person or entity.
Participants will be equipped with a practical, step-by-step guide, templates and the knowledge to implement a secure storage and inheritance plan on their own. A certificate can be issued on request.
Modules that will be covered are:
Module 1: Introduction
- Definitions and background
- A new asset class
- Why you need to start preparing your plan today
- Goals and risks of inheritance planning
- Setting goals according to the SURE principle (Security, Usability, Resilience, Efficiency)
Module 2: Storage
- Cold storage options
- Physical vs digital security
- Inventories, backups and passwords
- Separation of power
- Auditing backups
- BIP38, BIP39, multisignature and Shamir’s secret
- Institutional storage and custodianship
Module 3: Inheritance
- Identifying clear inheritance goals and wishes, while staying secure
- Code vs law
- Dead man’s switch
- Smart contracts for inheritance
- Practical step-by-step guide for creating an access plan
Module 4: Legal
- The existing legal framework
- How to ensure you stay compliant
- Crypto assets and wills
- When to use lawyers and attorneys
- Letters and inventory templates
- Step-by-step guide
Terms and Conditions:
No refunds or postponements are given to attendees who do not attend the course.
The Blockchain Academy reserves the right to cancel classes at any time prior to their commencement. If a class is cancelled, attendees will be advised by sms and email no later than two days prior to its scheduled commencement date and a full refund given back to you.
If you wish to cancel the training, you must provide us with written notification.
NO REFUNDS or transfers will be granted less than 10 days before class commencement if enrollment has been confirmed.