Legal and Regulatory Implications of Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology ONLINE Course
Are you interested to know:
- about the legal implications of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology?
- what compliance and regulatory frameworks and policies exist in various jurisdictions?
- about privacy issues on the blockchain?
- how regulation will keep up with the blockchain disruption?
Enrol for this course and learn about these topics from Nerushka Bowan, an emerging tech law specialist and LegalTech innovator.
This course follows on our previous introductory legal course and provides a deeper analysis of the various legal and regulatory implications of cryptocurrency and blockchain. A basic understanding of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology would be advantageous and a legal background would be beneficial, but not an essential requirement.
The course will provide an overview of global regulatory trends and approaches by governments and various industries. Legal and regulatory issues discussed include liability, privacy, data security, contracts, consumer protection, financial regulation and tax. The course will enable attendees to identify the appropriate legal and regulatory issues and risk when dealing with cryptocurrencies and blockchain.
Module 1: Introduction
- A short history of the development of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology
- Overview of the latest developments in cryptocurrency and blockchain
- A quick introduction and recap of important terminologies and concepts that will be discussed during the course, for example, ICOs, smart contracts and mining
Module 2: Cryptocurrency Regulation: Part One
- Overview of the different approaches taken by regulators globally
- Discussion on the legal nature of cryptocurrencies (is it a currency, security or asset?) and issues surrounding use of cryptocurrencies
- Impact of regulation on cryptocurrency, for example, is tax payable for income received in bitcoin?
Module 3: Cryptocurrency Regulation: Part Two
- What are ICOs?
- Discussion on the legal nature of ICOs and issues surrounding its use
- Overview of various risks surrounding cryptocurrency and ICOs, including scams, hacking and extortion
Module 4: Smart Contracts
- What are smart contracts: are they smart and are they contracts?
- Are smart contracts legal and binding? Who is liable when something goes wrong?
- What are the use cases for smart contracts? Who creates smart contracts?
Module 5: Blockchain Applications
- What is blockchain or distributed ledger technology and why is it important?
- What are the use cases? We will discuss practical use cases, including SARB’s Project Khokha
- What are the potential legal issues and risks associated with blockchain technology?
Module 6: Where to Next?
- What does a cryptocurrency and blockchain future look like?
- What are the barriers to adoption that need to be overcome?
- What does the industry need from regulators in order to move forward?
Each student will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the course.
Please note: The course content is subject to change slightly.
Terms and Conditions:
No refunds or postponements are given to attendees who do not attend the course.
The Blockchain Academy reserves the right to cancel classes at any time prior to their commencement. If a class is cancelled, attendees will be advised by SMS and email no later than two days prior to its scheduled commencement date and a full refund is given back to you.
If you wish to cancel the training, you must provide us with written notification.
NO REFUNDS or transfers will be granted less than 10 days before class commencement if enrollment has been confirmed.